Chapter 18 : Louis + Harry

A week later, 

"Why I can't wake up?" Louis whispers to himself as he watches his own body lying weakly on the hospital bed.

The room is almost empty, there is only Louis and Harry. His lover does not want to leave Louis behind, and it always hits him the most. How much Harry loves him is so unreal. He is so grateful that Harry is here, even though the green-eyed guy can't hear him.

"Baby, I know you don't remember this but I remember the first time I met you. You took my breath away. Do you know that babe?" Harry suddenly chuckles. He starts talking to himself wishing Louis could hear him, but of course Louis hears every single thing of it.

Harry starts tearing up again, for the countless times. "It was raining baby, and I forgot to bring my umbrella and one this cute boy was offering me to walk home with him because his umbrella could fit more than one person."

Louis can't remember that but he feels warm inside when Harry explains it with so much love. So the blue-eyed guy just listens there. "I know I did not say it enough about how much I loved you, especially.. the past 3 years. Thank you for forgiving me. It means everything to me. I know that deep down, you don't know me at all, but being with you makes me feel again."

"I was an asshole. Until now, I think. I failed to protect you, I failed as a boyfriend. I don't know. Sometimes my heart told me that you are better with Adam. He knows everything about you now. But I know that you are still my Louis. Even though you don't remember anything."

Louis watches his lover sadly. He wants to wake up but he is stuck in this different dimension. The blue-eyed guy wants to calm his loved and tells him that everything is going to be okay.

Harry chokes a sob. He screams loudly with tears streaming down on his face. Louis can't help but crying too because Harry looks so broken at the moment. He wishes he could wake up and say goodbye for the last time.

"I am sorry honey. I am sorry. I am sorry for everything. Wish I could turn back the time and treat you better. I am sorry my love. I am sorry."

___

Louis sees white. He does not know where he is but he is sure he is somewhere between the Earth and the Heaven. Is he dead now?

"Louis, do you want to come back?" The blue-eyed guy hears someone calling his name, but he can't recognize them. 

He just stays quiet and stares to the white in front of him. "But what about Harry?" 

"This is the cost that he has to pay. For everything that you've been through." 

Louis gulps tightly. In this place, he does not feel any pain. This place feels so much better, maybe this is the time Louis has to go home. He does not want to live with cancer anymore. He is going to die anyway. "No more pain?" He whispers softly. 

"No more pain my darling. You will meet your family. Don't you miss your family?" 

The voice sounds so calming and Louis feels so much peace inside himself. Louis never wants to leave Harry, but at the same time, he knows that he will never be the old Louis. Harry's Louis. He does not know anything about Harry, except every apology and promise from the singer. He will never have his old life back. He is a different person now. 

"Every moment of my life." 

"Then go home my dear. Everyone is waiting for you." 

Louis chooses to take a step forward into the light. He is grateful to have such a beautiful life with beautiful people and he is ready now. He is ready to come home. He can see his family now, smiling at him, and telling him to go home. 

"Goodbye, my love. I will see you in the next life."

___

Harry wakes up to a doctor gently waking him up. "Mr. Styles." 

"Is he waking up?" The singer asks immediately.  He feels so exhausted and always restless. He needs his Louis back. But his lover looks so lifeless at the moment and Harry feels scared the most. 

"I apologize Mr. Styles. His body is not responding anymore and we are afraid to tell that he-" 

Harry chokes with his own cry. "NO!" 

"It's useless Harry. He will never wake up. The machine only keeps his heart beating, but he is not going to wake up. He is not going to live anymore." Perrie whispers brokenly with tears on her face. 

The green-eyed guy just screams in agony. He stands up from his chair and hugs his lover tightly. "Baby don't leave me, please. I can't live without you. I just got you. No-" 

Everyone watches him in pity. "Harry, you have to let him go." This time Eleanor says. She does not look any better than Harry. 

"I can't!" Harry screams back to them. He feels like his soul is leaving his body. "I just got him. Baby please come back!" 

Simon can't stop crying. "Harry, he forgives you. He loves you Harry." 

"He chose not to wake up Mr. Styles." The doctor says to him. Then, it breaks Harry. Louis does not want to wake up. He screams and cries even louder. Harry keeps shaking Louis' lifeless body, as an act to wake him up. 

But Louis never wakes up. "I'm so sorry baby. I'm so sorry." He kisses Louis' face lovingly. "He is no longer in pain. You have to let him go. He loves you so much, Harry." Eleanor says brokenly. 

"But-" 

Simon walks to the bed and tries to reach Harry. "Keeping him under this machine makes no any different Harry." 

"Mr. Styles-" Harry chooses not to say anything. He closes his eyes and just hugs Louis for the last time. 

"Give me 5 minutes to say good bye please?" 

___

"Louis, you don't know how much pain that I feel right now. You chose to leave me, baby. But I know you are happy now. You are no longer in pain. And you are somewhere with the angels now. For the last time, I hope you forgive me for everything that you've been through. Thank you for making me the happiest man on earth to finally have you. Even though you only give me such a little time. But I appreciate and enjoy every moment when I am with you. I love you more than anything in this world my love. You will always stay in my heart forever. Thank you for everything. I love you, I love you, I love you..." 

___

Author's Note.

One more chapter left. Thank you for this amazing journey.