two

After school, Carter and I walked to her house since it was a shorter distance than mine.  We were now sitting in her bedroom as she dug through her drawers and closet, looking for something to wear. 

"I think Michael's hiding something," I suggest after an  immense amount of thinking. Carter stops digging through her closet, looks at me, and laughs.

"Yeah? Like what? So are you, by the way," she holds a shirt up to her in front of the mirror before putting it back in the closet. She has a point. Michael and I had been dating since the 8th grade, when Calum introduced us. I had kept a secret from him ever since, and it was probably the biggest secret of my life that only Carter knew about. And of course, my mum.

"I don't know," I twirl my pencil around my fingers, trying to finish my homework before we went anywhere. "He's just been acting weird lately. That's all." I didn't know exactly why Michael was acting strange, I just knew he was. Him and the band were keeping secrets and I knew it the very first time he told me that "Jim, the owner of the pub" booked over them. A, the owner of the pub's name is not Jim. B, they had been booked for over two months.

"What do you think?" Carter came out of the bathroom in black skinnies and a black shirt, with her Doc Martens that she has had since Freshman year, souly because she barely wore them, and they were highly expensive.

"Wow, such color," I laugh, jamming my books back into my back pack. 

"Well if it helps anything, I plan on wearing red lipstick," she smirks, folding the clothes she wasn't going to wear and putting them back in their designated drawers. "You can borrow a shirt, too."

"Going with the sexy look, I see," I open up a soda can that I retrieved from the fridge once we got inside the house. It had been sitting on her dresser for over three hours with no human contact. "And sure. I can't wear a sweatshirt there." she tossed me an old Sex Pistols Tee with holes cut into it.

"Keep it. I stole it from Johnny when we were dating," she shrugs. "It means nothing. I'm gonna go warm up some pizza. Want some?" I nod my head as she heads to the kitchen to fix something to eat.

 As I stand in her bathroom changing my shirt, I come across a huge scar that I gained from a gash a few weeks back. It was from some 'super hero' who was trying to protect his friend, who ended up scratching me with his long tallans instead of the enemy. It hurt so bad, but at the time I acted as if it didn't. I sigh, pulling the Sex Pistols shirt down and walking to the kitchen.

"Hey, how's that gash?" Carter asks. As soon as it happened, I told her. She was so frightened, but in the end I was okay. I show her the scar and she sucks in air through her teeth, shaking her head. "Man."

"Hey you made it!" Ashton says once we walk through the door, the smell of grease and alcohol filling my nostrils. I make a sour face, which makes Ashton laugh. " Yeah, you get used to it." we follow him through the pub, swerving around tables and people. "Carter come with me, I wanna show you my drumkit." Ashton grabs her wrist and drags her farther through the pub, Carter grinning at me.

  I find Calum by the bar, talking to a girl, as usual. "Hey Calum, have you seen Michael?" he shrugs and continues his conversation with the pretty blonde who probably has no interest in what he has to say about football.  I spot Michael's green hair vaguely through the dim lights and walk up to him, smiling.

"Hey Ev," he says when he sees me, wrapping his arm around my waist. "Everly, this is Frank. He's a music producer. He's here to watch us perform." As happy as I was for them, I was also scared, because I knew Michael couldn't take criticism. 

"Hi, I'm Michael's girlfriend. So nice of you to come out and watch them perform." 

"The pleasure is all mine. I'm excited to hear them play. And, might I add, that you are a very beautiful young lady. Mr. Cliffboard here is lucky to have you. In fact, if I weren't married, and if it were legal, I might date you," he began to laugh as if it were a joke, but I didn't find it funny. I found it disgusting, and sure enough, the boy whose girlfriend was getting hit on was frozen like a stone, his hands curled up into balls. "Well, good luck. Nice to meet you Everly." 

"It's Clifford," Michael shouts as Frank walks away. "Did you hear what he said to you? Did you hear him? I swear, if he weren't here to watch us perform I might've beat him." 
"Hey, it's okay. Don't focus on that. Focus on giving a good performance," I smile, running my hands up and down his arms to relieve his tension. " But don't take it personally if he doesn't like you. Your music isn't for everyone. It may not be for a fifty year old man that hits on eight teen year olds." 
"That wasn't a funny joke," Michael says, guiding me through the people that were crowding up the pub on a Friday night. "Wish me luck." he says as he jumps up onto the small stage.

"Good luck," I kiss his chapped lips when he leans down. 

"Guys, seriously? We have to start this FAMILY FRIENDLY show sometime," Luke says, kicking Michael in the shins repeatedly. 
"Fine, fine. I'm coming. I LOVE YOU EVERLY!" He shouts, smiling at me. my phone buzzes once I find Carter, which I try to ignore but it keeps buzzing and buzzing.

"Uh-oh. Is it..."

"Yeah. I have to leave," I say before she can even finish her sentence. 

i DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I'M LOVING CHAPTER TWO

tell me whatchu think, kay? Beyoncé, out. peace

Edited November 5th, 2015:

CLIFFBOARD??? SERIOUSLy WTF WAS I THINKING WHY AM I SO WEIRD