Comfort

"Smh" *tweet sent*

Refresh page and boom. After just a few seconds, my tweet drew a lot of feedbacks. I’m used to this anyway. Not at the feedbacks but by what’s happening right now. It has always been like this. I mean, c’mon. What’s new?

Yelling, shouting, and screaming. With the volume of their voices, of course you can hear it. Even if you’re at the farthest side of the house so to escape my situation, I plugged my headphones in, volume’s up, and say bye bye to the real world. Bye bye for a few hours.

The night after. I was so damn tired and stressed. I just wanted to close my eyes and rest but the problem is, I have to pass their room first before I could enter mine. As expected, the yells and screams are heard once again. Yes. My parents are fighting once again too.

Every day, every night, or even every time that they will see each other, you’d probably hear them fighting. Don’t they know that they have kids who are already asleep? Like seriously, they may be in their room but their voices can be heard even if you lock yourself down in the basement.

Time check? 11:30 pm and God knows that I’m so tired. It’s been a long day and I can’t take this anymore. All of this nonsense so I don’t care if I’m being rude or whatever but I just went inside their room and shouted, “Pwede ba magpatulog naman kayo?! I just got home! I’m so damn stressed and tired tapos ganito na naman maabutan ko?! Kapag wala akong shooting or whatever showbiz commitment, hindi nyo ba alam na time ko yon para magpahinga pero wala, you guys are causing me sleepless nights because of your damn fights!”

They were surprised to see me that way. Oh and also by that, I stormed out of their room, outside of the house going to wherever the road will take me. I don’t care if I was being disrespectful. All I want is to be as far from there as possible.

I was crying and running to nowhere at the same time. Ang sakit na ng paa ko and I’m sure, pudpod na din and heels ko. Geez, I look like a giant display of garbage right now. I dunno where to go so I decided to give my bestfriend a call.

*ring ring*

“Oh, for my sake Alessia! Pick up the phone!”

*ring ring*

“Hey girl!” FINALLY!

“Hey, I don’t have time to talk right now but I need you to-”

“Oh shoot. Slow down hot shot. Hang on a sec.”

I can say she’s in a bar somewhere because the music is loud and of course she’ll be. It’s Friday, duh.

3 mins, 6 mins.. I’ve been waiting 8 mins for her to come back to the phone and talk but it seems that she forgot the I was on line. It’s always like this when A is in a bar and this is not the first time this happened. I can still hear the background music so I can positively say that A already forgot me. Again. So I had no choice but to hang up myself.

I’m so gonna get you this time my dearest Alessia. You’ll regret it if you’ll be wearing something fancy the next time we see each other, she murmured and cursed her bestfriend who seems ‘busy’ at the moment while taking off her shoes.

2 words. No choice. I have no choice but to continue walking. Blaming herself for being mad and running away from home.

“But who wouldn’t run away? You’re tired and stressed then the only time you get to rest is the time when your parents start fighting again. I’m sick of them. I’m sick of this world. I’m sick of pretending. I’m sick of everything!”, I muttered while walking. “Great! Now I’m talking to myself! Way to be-”

“If you just had time look behind you, you would’ve known I’m here. Listening. So no, you’re not talking to yourself. Oh, and I have been following you since you left your house.”

Sounds familiar. Out of curiosity, she turned her back and was surprised that this guy has been behind her since the very start. Silence took over. She just stared at him. He stared back. If looks could kill, both of them are already dead by know.

He broke the silence but still not breaking his stare. “You know it’s dangerous out here especially at night. Are you crazy? Leaving the house at this time. You weirdo.”

“You know I’m tired and pissed off by my parents and now you’re telling me I’m a weirdo?”

“I am not.”

“You. Just. Did.”

“Whatever.”

She rolled her eyes and started walking again. He followed her again too but this time, he wasn’t behind her. He was right by her side. Obviously, she’s pissed by his presence so she stopped her tracks and faced him.

“I don’t need a chaperon. Leave me alone, jerk.”

“I want you to be safe so if you think I’m your chaperon then so be it.”

Attention, stomach upside down. Not now butterflies, not now!

“I know that I’m handsome but you don’t need to stare like you want me now. We still have later babe.”

He received a punch and a kick to the place where no guy dreamed of being kicked. It hurts. It made him lay on the ground. She panicked. It made her worried. so she knelt and keep on muttering ‘sorries’ as she helped him stand up.

“Let’s go home.”, she offered.

“But..”

“I don’t need your ‘but’ and I don’t care about them too.”

“They’re your parents Julie.”

“Uhhh, I know?”

“You weirdo.”

“Jerk.”

Smh, he thought. “Are you feeling better now?”

“I wasn’t sick.”

“Julie, you know what I mean.”

She heaved a sigh and finally, she smiled.

“Yes. Thanks for the comfort, Magalona. Oh and also for being a punching bag.”