To You

Another day has passed and Julie is on her way to do her usual routine. Wake up, eat breakfast, take a shower and then work. Her eyes were still sore from all the crying she did the last night and today doesn’t feel right at all too but she ignored her instincts and continued throughout the day.

It was quarter to three when Julie decided to IM her best friends about what happened last night. She needs someone to talk to about it or else she feels like she’s going to explode in anger anytime soon. She’s angry with herself. 

Convo:

myjaps: Bitches!

She waited for a few minutes..

imivyandyouknowit: Halloo

bonnieindahaus: Whaaa

mynameissel: Hey guyss

supermae: Whats up?

myjaps: I have a confession to make.

imivyandyouknowit: Spill!

myjaps: I had a small argument with Moe yesterday..

bonnieindahaus: What da?!

myjaps: I told him that I couldn’t take it anymore. I said that I’m better off without him. I told him to let me go. 

mynameissel: All we can see from you this past days are smiles and giddiness. I am so confused with you, Jaja.

myjaps: You didn’t let me finish, Sel. After that, I..

supermae: You didn’t like what you did, now did you?

myjaps: *sigh* no.

bonnieindahaus: *rolling of eyes* Why would you say that then? Seriously, you love the person but you hate him? WHAT?

imivyandyouknowit: Jaja, we all have those moments. We all have those, ‘I love you but I so wanna punch you right now’ moments. 

supermae: ^^ and also, we’re girls duh. We make stupid comments, we do stupid things and we break hearts. Seriously tho, why on Earth would you say you wanted to end things with him if he makes you happy? If he makes you smile in your sleep?

mynameissel: IF HE BAKES YOU PIE?

myjaps: …

Julie stared at her computer screen, absorbing every opinion her best friends throw at her. She knows they’re right but..

imivyandiknowit: We know you’re old enough to make your own choices and we’re just here to give you options but just saying Jaja, when it comes to love, everyone gets hurt. :)

bonnieindahaus: Exactly. Isn’t it your date night tonight? Go prepare! ;)

mynameissel: Yaaass! Go gooo! :D

myjaps: I don’t even know if he’s going to show up. :(

supermae: Oh he will. He loves you that much. Stay strong tho, Julie Anne. :*

myjaps: Yes ma’am. Thanks bitches! TTYL :*

She logged off and closed her eyes. 

Breathe in, breathe out.

Ah hell. Whatevs.

***

Every time the clock ticks, every second that passes, Julie couldn’t help but worry. She was looking all elegant wearing a black fitted dress, courtesy of her boyfriend. The problem is that he’s never been late. In fact, he would always be the first to surprise her in her own home for their date nights and yet, here she is, waiting for him for almost 30 mins now.

She knows it was all her fault. She would not deny that last night was just her being stupid and just after that, she regretted every word that came out of her mouth. She saw how every emotion crossed his face. It hurt her when he just silently left after saying, “You’re being stubborn and you don’t mean it, right baby? I’ll see you tomorrow, I love you.”

Julie knows she messed up. She stayed up all night, cursing herself for trying to end things with him when clearly, it wasn’t the best thing to do. Or was it?

"Julie. Julie, open up."

Julie found herself running to the front door right after she heard that familiar voice and as she opens it, she smiled ear to ear. He made it. He’s here. She hugged him, so tight that he almost passed out. But Julie can feel it, something’s wrong.

"I am so sorry for last night. I wasn’t thinking, I was being impulsive. I went with what I thought was for the best. I’m sorry and I’m going to keep saying sorry until you forgive me but I’m sorry, please don’t—"

He kissed her to shut her up. It was full of longing, passion and love. Julie can feel the anger in the kiss though and she loved him for it. She loved how he pours his anger in one mind-blowing kiss. Some may find it weird but weirdness is something Julie is very fond of.

He was the first one to break the kiss then he pulled her in for a warm hug. As she hugs im back, she felt him sobbing.

Worried, she pulled away and held his face to quickly wipe the tears away.

"Hey. Hey.. what’s wrong?"

He smiled weakly and looked at her as if she’ll be taken away from him soon.

"I don’t like those kinds of smile. Tell me what’s wrong. Speak up. I don’t like it when you’re like this. Please say something.. Anything.."

Tears flooded her eyes, she didn’t even know why. 

He smiled through the tears and took a step away from her.

"I’m letting you go, Julie."

She let out a soft chuckle. “You’re kidding, right? You’re not leaving me. Oh, I know. I’m dreaming.” Julie started pinching her hand. “C’mon, Ja. Wake up. This is just a dream. It’s not happening.”

But nothing happened. 

Except both of them are crying harder than they were just a second ago.

He took one more step away. “Please don’t make this hard for me. You wanted me to let you go, Julie. You’ve been saying that for weeks now and I just.. I couldn’t bear to even look at you again and see you hurting because of me. Seeing you breaking all the time breaks me more. It’s like my heart was being smashed over and over again. I love you, Julie and hurting you would have to be the last thing I would ever want to do. I love you so much that I’m willing to turn away from you and let you live happily like you deserve to be. I love you so much that.. that..” He looked at her straight in the eyes. “..that this is goodbye.”

Breaking both their hearts, he started to head out when he heard her shout.

"Don’t leave me! If you really want me to be happy then please don’t leave me.. I love you too. I love you too that I’m willing to just get hurt all the time instead of letting you go. Don’t do this to me please. Please, Elmo. Please stay."

He wiped his tears away, retraced his steps towards her and kissed her tears away. He brushed strands of her hair that covers how beautiful she was even though her eyes are full of tears. He rested his forehead against hers and gave her a chaste kiss.

Julie cried even more when she felt him back away and leave. His simple ways left her longing and wanting for more even just after a few seconds.

"I love you so much, Elmo. Please come back to me."

As the air blew her words to the inviting sky, Elmo was on his way to make both their wishes come true.

---

Note: Dedicated to Ate Tere. Simple, short and sabaw, hope you enjoyed. :)