Over The Phone

"ELMO MAGALONA! BAKIT KA HINDI ONLINE SA SKYPE?"

On the other side of the line, the guy had to almost throw his phone for about 5 miles and would probably still hear her voice. Not that he doesn’t like it of course, it’s just that she’s mad. She’s mad.

"Labsidoodle ko naman, I was doing my report for uhm.. ah.."

"For what?!" Once again, she was yelling at the top of her lungs.

"Labsi, wag kang sumigaw please, yung tenga ko dudugo na."

"Eh kung sinasagot mo kasi ng maayos yung tanong ko—"

"Fine! Okay! Okay!"

She sighed, waiting for him to continue.

"No violent reactions, please." 

It took forever for her to answer and for Elmo, every second counts, especially with her.

Finally, she sighed in defeat. “Hmmkay fine.”

He took a deep breath and started, “Okay, I wasn’t on skype because I was talking to Rachel—”

"OH NO YOU DID NOT MR. MAGALONA! OF ALL PEOPLE YOU COULD SPEND YOUR TIME TO, IT HAD TO BE THAT BITC—"

"I said, no violent reactions! Let me finish, will you?"

He imagined her, making a face with her luscious pouty lips begging for a smack and that made him smile.

"Okay, continue." He detected  a hint of irritation in her voice and he loved her for it.

The girl on the other line was waiting though, he can’t just smile all day.

"Hoy Magalona! Ano na?!"

"Sorry, sorry, okay as I was saying, I was talking to Rachel—"

She made some vomiting sounds.

"Labsidoodle."

"Okay sorry."

"Eh ang pinagusapan lang naman namin eh uhm.."

"Ano? Leche Magalona, umayos ka."

He’s thinking of saying but don’t know if he should. It’s gonna mess everything up and he wanted to not tell her it.

Apparently, the girl knows Elmo too well. She knows when he’s sad, when he’s excited and now, she knows that Elmo is having a hard time deciding to tell her something. She doesn’t want him to spill it if its that important but jealousy and curiosity is getting into her veins.

"Labsidoodle ko, I’m waiting."

He sighed, feeling like he really has no choice.

"Okay. So I was talking to Rachel about.. about you."

He was waiting for a response but the line remained silent so he just continued.

"I was talking to her becuase you guys used to be bestfriends and I just.. I want to know everything about you. I know that sounds really creepy but I want to be the best that I can be towards you. I want to be the right guy, not the perfect one because I know I can’t be perfect pero bakit ganon? Whenever I’m around you, I just feel like I can do anything. I love you, Julie. Mahal kita. Je t’aime. Lahat lahat na. So sige, sabihin mo ng nababaliw ako, sabihin mo ng wala lang tong nararamdaman ko pero wala eh, ikaw lang sinisigaw ng puso’t isip ko eh."

The line was still silent and it’s driving him nuts. Until he felt his bedroom door open and there she is, standing perfectly with tears running down her cheeks. 

"Mahal na mahal din kita. Akala ko, pinagtitripan mo lang ako eh. Pano ba naman, labsidoodle pa tawag mo sakin. Sino ba namang di kikiligin don diba?" Then she giggled and took a step towards him. "Alam ko kung ano yung ginawa mo nung di ka nakaonline sa skype, gusto ko lang na manggaling mismo sayo."

He held her cheeks and rested his forehead to hers.

"So are we officially a.. a.. couple?"

She smiled and gave him a peck.

"Hm. You’ve been courting me for 4 months.. then I just admitted na mahal din kita, what do you think?"

He put the phone to his ears, she did the same thing.

"Yes, labsidoodle. Julie & Elmo. Over the phone, officially."

---

It’s been a while so here’s a treat, a bit corny tho. ;)