Looking For My Prince

Note: To those who never stopped asking me for a one shot, this is for you guys. Very short and sabaw. Also, sorry and enjoy. :)

---

"Elmo! Please! Don’t make this hard for me. Stop walking away like that."

I don’t even care if pinagtitinginan na kami ng mga tao dito sa daan, I just want one last chance to talk to him properly. I chase until finally, he stopped. He was about 10 steps away from me when he turned around and broke my heart the second time around that night.

"How can you do this to me, Julie? I gave you everything and just because of one little misunderstanding, nawala agad lahat ng feelings mo sakin?"

"Moe.. Hindi naman sa.."

"Tama na, Julie. Ako pwedeng magkamali pero ikaw bawal? Mahal na mahal kita kaya hindi ako nagrereklamo pero this time, this 4th time around, you’re already letting go of me, again, without hearing my side."

Sobra na yung iyak nya to the point na I just want to grab him, hug him and take back everything I said.

"Ayoko na, Julie. Kasi hindi lang naman ikaw lagi nasasaktan. Ako din."

Then he ran and just before he was to finish crossing the..

"Elmo!!!!"

Napaupo ako, hingal na hingal at pawis na pawis. Same night, same dream. Hanggang ngayon pa rin ba? It’s been years..

"Japsy, best, okay ka lang? I’m still awake studying when I heard a loud bang and I figured that was you head board."

I hurriedly got out of the bed and went towards him, trying hard not to cry.

"Moe.."

He pulled away, examining my face, checking my temperature. He’s looking very worried.

"Is it the dream again?"

I nodded. He sighed and puled me in for another warm hug.

"I hope, someday, you can finally tell me all about it. Wait, did you? When I was my 28 year old self?"

Elmo forgot all about the accident and now all he can remember is everything from being 1-20 years of age. We’ve been bestfriends since we were in diapers and that’s all he can remember. He doesn’t remember how we became a couple, how awkward his confession was, how we.. how he..

"Uh, Japsy? Okay ka lang? Nakatulala ka na dyan."

We live under the same roof, bestfriends kami and he thinks na hindi kami talo kasi nga 20 years old sya ngayon, instead of 28. Payag naman ang parents namin. Mom and Dad was worried about me though pero sabi ko, okay lang. Kahit hindi nya naalala yung nangyari, I want to tell him that I’m sorry every day.

"Sorry.."

He looked at me confused. Niyakap ko na lang sya, it’s all i could do because i ruined everything.

I had all that I wanted and now i lost it.

***

I never had a chance to understand everything she’s going through. I don’t know how to approach her, to comfort her and i feel completely useless. Here I am, hugging her for it’s always the best I could do. I know nothing. She’s crying and i still don’t know nothing.

Naramdaman kong nagpantay na yung paghinga nya, finally she’s peacefully asleep in my arms. I carefully slipped out of her arms and laid her down slowly but surely. But i never left. I sat there, on the other side of the bed, making sure every bad dream would never end up as one.