Inevitable

"Juls! Nasan yung wallet ko?!"

Elmo’s voice echoed throughout the house. It was 6 am in the morning and his head was pounding. The result of too much liqour.

"Julie!!"

"Oh?! Di mo kailangan sumigaw! Makikipaginuman ka tapos ngayom bubulabugin mo ako kung kelan may hangover tayong dalawa?! Ano ka-"

He looked at the girl descending the stairs. She’s wearing a big shirt, probably his, shorts with a messy bun. He is liking- loving this view.

"-bang lalaki ka? Leche ka din, ano tutulala ka na lang dyan?!"

She finally sat beside him and that when he really saw how much of a goddess his best friend is.

"You are undeniably irrestable, Juls."

He saw her expression changed from angry to something he wasn’t familiar with then back to angry again.

"Waaaah! Bastos! You asshole!" She then started hitting him with pillows. "Lumayas ka nga! Bwiset ka! Wag mo nako bibisitahin ulit!"

Instead of being mad, he is laughing his ass off and this made Julie get mad even more.

"Aba’t tinatawanan mo pa talaga ako?! Leche ka talagang hayup ka!"

Trying hard not to laugh again, he then said, “Okay! Enough! Sorry na. Sexy naman kasi.”

She glared at him and playfully punched him in the arm.

He lay down and smiled up to Julie as he settled in her lap. “Do you wanna know something weird?”

"Hmm. It depends. Baka manyak na naman yan ah. Tigil-tigilan mo ako, Magalona."

He closed his eyes, feeling her playing with his hair as he started to talk.

"Sabi sakin ng utak ko, ayoko. Sabi sakin ng puso ko, go lang."

She looked at him, confused. He sat up, leaving no space between the two of them.

He stared.

She stared back.

Then in a brief moment in between, their lips may or may not have touched.

And then, they just knew.