Chapter 3: Live A Little

BETTY'S POV:

On the walk to Jughead's house, I was thinking through what my mom said to me earlier this morning.

"Elizebeth, honey. I need help. I can't take this anymore. I want to go The Sisters of Quiet Mercy, just in till I get better," Her eyes were puffy. I brain rejected the comment like she never said it in the first place.

"No, mom. You just need to think it over. You're just being emotional," I rationed to her. That was when I got the call from Jug about Archie. What did he mean on the phone?

When I got to FP's trailer, a relatively small, black car whizzed past me, almost running me over. The engine of the car revved, and dust and dirt spewed up into the air. If I hadn't jumped out of the way, I would probably be in the hospital.

Who in the hell were they? And why were the coming from Juggie's trailer?

Once I collected myself from the ground, I walked up to his door. My heart started beating a little faster when I noticed that the door was cracked open a couple inches. I quickened my pace. When I opened the door I saw Jughead. He just stood there. He looked terrible. What did those people say to him?

Does he not know I'm here? "Juggie?" I asked. His head darted my direction. Something was... off. I held my breath till he answered.

When he told me they were friends, I sighed in temporary relief. I know I can be extra-paranoid. Especially because of my mother this morning, so I let it go. But, could he be lying to me?

3rd PERSON POV:

The star-crossed lovers sat in the living room, discussing Archie.

"Betts, when I talked to him last, I felt he was hiding something," Jughead stated.

Betty mumbled under her breath, "I feel like you're hiding something." She looked down at the musty carpet, avoiding his eyes.

"What?" Jughead's voice quivered, hoping he heard her incorrectly.

"Hmm? Nothing," she reasoned with him. Jughead continued, avoiding the comment.

"I don't know, Betty. Do you really think Archie was telling Sheriff Minetta everything?" Jughead questioned.

"There is only one way to find out. Let's go ask him." Betty got up and grabbed her jacket as she walked out of the door. Jughead followed.

"Are you sure? Betts I don't think that this is such a good idea..." he pleaded behind her.

"If you don't like it, then go back," Betty answered bluntly. She was annoyed at his hypocrisy, saying that Archie was the one keeping things.

"Are you kidding me? I'm not gonna leave you alone. For all we know, Archie could be-" Jughead stopped before he said something he couldn't take back. Betty kept walking. Jughead caught up with her. He tugged at her sleeve. "Betty-"

Betty retracted her arm from his grip. "Don't 'Betty' me, Jug. I'm not in the mood. Let's just clear the air with Archie and be done with it. Ok?"

"Ok," he breathed out, feeling defeated. He knew she knew he was lying to her. He avoided the conversation, knowing damn well he wasn't going to tell her who they really were and what they really wanted anytime soon.

The rest of the walk was in silence.

ARCHIES HOUSE

"Archie!" Betty cried out, banging on the door. "Open up!"

Both of them heard footsteps coming closer. The person opened the door. To their surprise, it was Veronica.

"Veronica?" Both questioned in sync.