Chapter 2: Trailer Invasion

JUGHEAD'S POV:

"Hey lover-boy," the middle aged blonde mocked. I attempted to slam the door shut and lock it, but the Goolie swiftly counter-acted my movement and pushed the door open.

"Ladies first," he insisted while he held the door, making extra sure that I wasn't going to close it on them again. He kept the same wild, ravenous expression.

Penny nodded her head at him and gave him a satisfactory look, "What a gentleman! You should really take notes, Jughead." Penny climbed up into the trailer, pushing me out of the way. I was, in better words, flabbergasted. Malachai followed her in. I backed up in till my lower back hit the table I was sitting at seconds ago. I was cornered by the both of them. "So I was thinking!" She paused, trying to read me. "You are damn good at transporting that pancake mix! And... what the hell is stopping me, ya know?"

"Stopping her from what?" I thought to myself. "No," I said with a sharp tone. I was done. Done playing her games. I wouldn't disappoint my dad again. Im not going to drag him and the Serpents into this trap again. Not again. I couldn't. "Get out of here, Penny. Before I call the police!" I gestured to the exit. I remembered in that moment that Betty was on her way. I did not want my girlfriend here while they were, for obvious reasons.

She scoffed, ignoring his threat. "I'm sure the new Sheriff would love that video of you and your redhead friend with that mystery crate."

"I don't care. Do your worst. I'd rot in prison any day before I deliver drugs at a Snake Charmers beck-and-call," I sneered.

"You know, Jughead. You are different from a lot of folks I know. You are head strong. Selfless, even. Willing to die for your people. I like that about you, Jones. That's why I have chose you-" Penny pointed at me.

"No way. You and your little sidekick don't scare me. I'm not gonna be your drug runner again. I don't care how much you pay me or the Serpents. I don't care if you order your baboons to beat me to a pulp. So beat it. See you around, Penny. Now get the hell out of my trailer." I pointed toward door.

"It'd be a damn shame for your girl to get hurt because of you. I'm sure Malachai or someone else would be happy to cut up that pretty face of hers," she trailed off. She noticed my furrowed brows. "Oh! You didn't think I was just gonna waltz in here, pay you a visit, and ask you if you'd want to do this for me? Hoping you'll say yes? I'm not that stupid, Juggie!" She mocked. Only Betty can call me that. Only Betty. Especially not some low-life drug dealer. And, someone else? What does that mean? I squinted at her.

They exchanged a look I couldn't read. "He thought up somthin' real nice, Malachai did. A proposal, if you will!" She obtained the same grin on her face as Malachai had earlier. Malachai slowly stepped forward; his steps calculated.

Malachai paused when he was about a foot away from me, then froze. His eyeballs studied me, up and down, just once.  "Hey Jones! Nice to see you again!" He said sarcastically, holding out his free hand. I just looked at it and scowled. He continued, putting his hand down. "Deliver what we want delivered. Transport what we want transported, don't ask questions, and we won't hurt that lil girlfriend of your's. Got it?" Toni. I thought to myself. They want to hurt Toni? He stepped one foot closer. "Good deal, right?"

"Is that a threat?" I cautiously inquired.

We were inches apart. My fists balled on either side of me. I shoved them in my jean pockets so that I wouldn't punch him. I wasn't about to fight a losing battle. I knew it wouldn't do me or any good. I made a quick glance at his terrifying bat. I didn't let my fear and panic show, though.