Chapter 15: "Boom. He Knew He Had Them"

After the early dawn hours bled into the late afternoon, Jughead came to the conclusion he finally digested what had led up to the person he loves begging him to kill her.

I think I put the pieces together, Jughead thought to himself, sitting on an uncomfortable hospital chair. So... Betty was under sedatives. Her first words since I saw her last weren't her, it was the drugs.

"Precisely," Jughead heard Veronica say matter-of-factly. Did he just say that aloud? He didn't have the energy to care.

"Ok" he replied back. A bland, rather simple answer when you look at the first layer, but much more complex when you look underneath. An answer, nonetheless.

After a few moments, he opened his mouth again, "Maybe, we can see her again."

"Are you joking? Do you know how much trouble we got in last time? If it weren't for Hiram, we would all be in cuffs. We went in the most restricted area-"

"-In the hospital, I know Veronica; you have told me twice before this time. That means this is the third time you have told me that." He swore Veronica was whittling away his patience by the second.

"Well, maybe stop asking to go down there, then I won't have to tell you again."

Veronica stayed calm throughout the interaction, which made him even more irritated. He clenched his jaw to refrain from snarking back.

Archie then whipped the door open, rescuing them both from the conversation. Both of their heads turned towards his direction, slightly startled by his abruptness. He stood breathless, darting at both pairs of eyes on him.

"What?" Veronica questioned, visibly uncomfortable by him acting this way. He was hesitating, and Jughead didn't have the patience -or sanity- for hesitation. He still had left over adrenaline in his system from last night, begging him to take action.

"She is awake, isn't she?" Jughead said softly.

Archie hastily replied back, "Yes, but don't get any ideas."

"We have already broken enough rules in this place," Veronica very annoyingly added.

"Fuck the rules," Jughead bolted up. He instantly regretted the action, resisting the urge to grab his thigh and seethe. "I'm tired of all these damn rules. Don't go there, don't do that. I'm done. With everything. I'm going down there. You can try and stop me, or join me."

Both of them bowed their heads down in sync, in what he assumed was in submission.

Boom. He knew he had them. He almost failed at stifling a grin.