Chapter 6: Deep Wounds, New Blooms

JUGHEAD'S POV:

"Hello?" I demanded through the phone. The abrasive tone masked my frightfulness.  There was a pause.

"I going to call you on your laptop. I'll be with your girlfriend. If you don't comply to my demands, I will have Malachai beat the piss out of Betty," Penny's chilling voice stated coldly.

"Comply?" I jumped, "comply to what? Penny, I swear to god, when I find you-"

"When you'll find me you'll what? Kill me?" Penny cut me off.

"Yes," I said hesitantly. I would. I will. "Where the hell is Betty?"

"You will pick up a crate at the destination that I give you or Cooper will pay the price," she hissed.

"Wait!" I exclaimed. I forced the words out before she could hang up, "How do I know... how do I know she's alive?"

"Here she is," Penny assented. I could feel the blood moving through my veins. My eyes widened.

"Jug," a soft voice stammered on the other end.

"Betty! Is that you?" I placed both my hands on the phone and pressed it harder to my ear, hoping to hear her better.

I waited for a response. I heard her shallow breath in the speaker. "Betty?" I soothed, hoping to give her the strength to say whatever she needed to say.

"Don't come Jughead, its a trap!" She screeched and sobbed at the same time. I could hear the struggle in her voice, "Forget about me! I'm begging you, I love you Juggie!" Somebody snatched the phone from her and her warm voice I longed to hear drifted away.

"Betty!" I shouted, "Betty, Betty I'm coming for you!" I frantically paced around the kitchen, Archie just stood unknowing of what the hell just happened.

"She's alive. Be ready to answer your laptop," a deeper voice bellowed into the phone, aggravated. Before I found what words to say, I heard the man hang up.

"Malachai," I thought. It sounded like Malachai.

Just as fast as I latched on to her voice they had took her away. At least I knew she was alive.

BETTY'S POV:

Three days had past since I'd been kidnapped. In between the days, I pieced together what Penny wanted with me and her business with Jughead. She is some sort of con-woman. Jughead delivered drugs for her as a favor because she helped his dad in some way.

At first I was mad at Jughead. How could he do this to me? To us? I still have many questions for him, but I just wanted to live to see him, first.

Penny gave me just enough food and water to keep me alive. In turn, my dress from Archie's party got looser, and I was growing tired.

"God," I thought. Archie's party. I wish that I never fought with Jughead. I took my frustration out on him. If I hadn't fought with him...

One of the Goolies marched his way to me to tighten the duct tape around my wrists. He added it around my feet; I'm guessing because I tried to warn Jughead about whatever their plan was to do with him. There was no sense worrying my mind over it. I knew he would do anything they said because of me. All I can do is pray to god that they won't hurt him.

I watched the man as his mouth curled into a mischievous grin. He made the duct tape extra tight. I gave him a dirty look. "You get off on this?" I buzzed. His hellish eyes peered into mine. I challenged him with my scowl.

"I'd watch your mouth," he cautioned in a sing-song voice, straightening his back. The man watched as I scrunched my nose at him in disgust.

He crouched down again and got close to my face. His nose was an inch away from touching mine. "I'm Malachai," he sneered, trying to get a rise out of me. I kept the fowl expression on my face. He continued, "Can you put a word in to your boyfriend for me? Tell him Malachai said hi." I held my breath, digging my nails into my palms as hard as ever. I could feel the warm blood drip, drip, dripping down to the floor. He saw this, smiling big now, showing his teeth. Malachai mocked, "tell Juggie I said hi!"

I inhaled sharply and spit in his face. He stood up and staggered backward, wiping my saliva off of his eyes. Now I had the mischievous grin.

"Bitch!" He yelled. His echo bounced off the walls and back to my ears. Malachai sped over to me and raised his hand. I knew what was to come. It was worth it. He slapped me across the face, hard. I kept my face to the side, refusing to meet his gaze. His mouth met my ear.

"You've got balls, Cooper. Warning Jones, spitting in my face. I'll remember that," He muttered. He smugly walked off into the darkness. Heat started radiating off of my cheek. I touched my cheek to my shoulder to see if there was any blood. My shoulder turned a deep crimson.

I lazily opened my eyes to Malachai and Penny staring at me with a laptop I front, perched on a desk. They added a light above me that shined in my eyes, nearly blinding me.

Did I black out?

             Sorry this chapter is so short!!!
      Chapter seven will be intense!! Be ready!!