Riddles and Interruptions

Lydia and Jake were still in the East Library when Arya arrived in a flurry of limbs. Her hair was a mess, her eyes wide as she stared at the other two. "Hide. Quickly," she wheezed, allowing herself to be dragged further into the library not a second too soon.

A loud door slam heralded Flynn's arrival, Blaine following after not a second later.

"Damn she's fast..."

"I'm not surprized, given what Cole's told us..." Flynn said, and Arya could faintly hear the smile in his voice.

Lydia pulled her further into the library, running through the maze of bookshelves until they reached a door. It was a small door. One small enough that Arya had to duck to get through it. Jake switched on the light, the bare bulb flickering to life, bathing the tiny room in a yellowish glow. The room was small, just like the door, and there was barely enough room for all of them. It was private though—a place they could hold a conversation without fear of being interrupted by a pesky blonde and his rule-loving companion.

"What's going on?" Lydia asked.

"I found it."

Lydia stared. "Found what?"

"The lion's head."

She paused momentarily. "The one from the riddle?"

"The very same."

"Where?"

"It's in the North Library—the Restricted Section."

"Do I even want to know how you got in there...?" Lydia sighed, shaking her head. "Forget it. I know you far too well."

"Actually, the door was open. No rule breaking involved."

"You went into the Restricted Section, which has restricted access—if the name didn't give you any clues. Rule broken right there."

"Umm..." Jake interrupted. "Should we head to the North Library, then?"

Lydia peeked out through the keyhole. "Well, I'd love to, but I think our lovely leaders of the White Division are currently searching for a certain somebody."

The pair turned towards her, equally calculating expressions on their faces, and Arya knew what they were planning in an instant.

"No."

"You'll be our distraction."

"You're throwing me to the wolves!"

Lydia placed a firm hand on her shoulder. "Don't get eaten..."

"Jake..." She turned. "Don't leave me behind..."

"We have to make sacrifices, Arya," he said. "You'll be our diversion."

Lydia yanked the door back open. "We'll tell you about our findings later tonight via the usual means."

"Wait..."

Lydia winked. "Good luck, Ari..."

"I think I'll need it."

She smirked. "Well, from what I've heard, Flynn likes to bite—so yeah, I think you'll need it."

"Eh?"

"See you on the other side."

The door creaked shut and Arya was left staring at a blank wall, the door having rippled out of sight at the perfect time... Seeing as how Flynn appeared around the corner in the next second.

"Arya."

She stood, staring nervously at the floor, admiring the intricacy of the patterns woven across the carpet.

"I wasn't aware you had any pressing matters to attend to in the East Library."

"I needed to find a book."

"And the North Library wasn't good enough?"

"I don't like the north."

"Come on, Arya."

"What happened to that really pressing issue you had to see to?"

"Arya!"