Starbucks.

Sydney

It was the morning after I found Luke Hemmings in the same bed as myself. I groaned as my alarm went off signalling it was time for me to get up for work.

I slid out of bed and hopped into the shower. I washed my hair and body quickly before turning the water off.

Within half an hour I was dressed in my Starbucks uniform, my hair was in loose curls and I had my light makeup look on.

I grabbed my purse, phone and a jacket before heading out into the cold wintery air.

A few minutes later I was greeted by the familiar smell of cinnamon which made me feel extremely relaxed.

"Hi Syd." Katy smiled at me whilst wiping down the counter.

"Morning." I said managing a small smile.

----------------------------------------------

It was 4:50pm which meant that I only had 10 minutes left until my shift finished.

"Dave, can we not just lock up now? It's been dead all day and It's unlikely a customer is going to come in now." I whined.

"No because what if a customer does come in." Dave smirked.

"But It's extremely unlikely that they won't-..." I started but was cut off by the bell on the door ringing, signalling a customer had entered.

Little shit.

I started cleaning the tables secretly hoping that the customer would get the gist that we were closing.

"Oh er..are you still open?" The boy asked.

"Yes we are. Sydney take the boys order please." Dave said walking off into the back.

"What can I get you?" I forced a smile.

"Sydney?" He asked.

Wait.

"Luke?" I whispered.

"I didn't know you worked here?" He chuckled.

I suddenly became embarrassed.

"Yeah just to pay the rent." I said.

"So have you got over your hangover?" I asked.

"Just about. Have you?" He smiled.

"I guess." I smiled back.

"Can I get your number?" He asked scratching the back of his neck.

I nodded.

I wrote my number on a piece of paper and handed it to him.

"Thanks." He said looking down at the digits.

"I'll see you around." He smiled and walked out.

"Yeah see you around." I whispered after he left the shop.

----------------------------------------------