prologue

ethan's pov

It was a peaceful morning in Geraldine, the sun shining as it hit my rock hard chest, giving me a tan I knew I wouldn't keep. I was the palest person out of my family and kingdom. The fear I had growing up was that when the sun hit my body I would turn into an ash and well die. But I was the only person that didn't die, which was actually really funny. When I stayed up until dawn years ago I thought I was going to go 'poof' and die but once I opened my eyes I saw I was perfectly fine.

Although after I woke up and went downstairs for a bloody-mary the next morning I was as red as the blood we all drink. My mother fainted and my father was astonished I was still alive and my little sister just laughed. The doctor said it was a miracle I was still alive and breathing. He said I should just take a cold shower to relieve some of the pain I was in and to rub this type of plant called aloe on the places it was red twice a day and it would feel way better. He called it a sunburn. After I took the cold shower and applied the plant like he said the sunburn felt way better.

My nice morning was ripped out of my hands as one of my father's advisers slammed open my door and was hyperventilating as his eyes were filled with fear. "T-T-There i-is a-a-" He stuttered as I could barely figure out the first few words. "What is it, Paul? Speak up!" I shook his shoulders as his eyes locked with mine. I also had the power the read peoples minds.

Inside his head was like a burning fire of fear. All his thoughts were rushing past me, as I tried to find what was the matter. "A werewolf is in the kingdom." I jumped back to reality. "What?" I was a lost for words. I had never seen a werewolf in my whole life and I was more of curious to see the so-called enemy than be in fear like Paul. "A werewolf broke into the kingdom and killed two vampires, Ethan. Your father and mother are down there now but due to their old age, they need a young fast vampire like you to help to catch him." He gave me no time to answer as he pulled my hand.

~~~~

"Ethan son. Thank god you are here. I couldn't even get close to that damn thing." My father came over out of breath. Paul had stayed behind and let me go to my parents and the others trying to catch the werewolf. "Well I've never seen one so I thought I'd come help." My senses heightening as I could smell and feel the wolf near me. A flash of brown caught my eye, as my feet started running toward it. I could feel my father smiling but I was only focused on the flash of brown in front of me.

I realized it was the wolf when he turned his giant head to look to see if I was behind him still. His piercing blue eyes scared the crap out of me as I tripped on a root sticking up from the ground. I groaned in pain as the brown figure approached me as I held my left ankle in my hand. The blue eyes stared at my hazel ones, as soon as I blinked a net was thrown over the wolf. A whimper of pain came from his streamline mouth as the net had sharp like daggers on every knot to make sure the net wouldn't move on his body.

Twenty vampires came running over to grab the giant beast and take him away. My father came running over as the brown wolf was pulled away whimpering, his eyes filled with pain and distress. "Ethan!" My father's voice finally raked my brain as I pulled my eyes away from the mesmerizing wolf. "Ethan! Are you okay! That damn fleabag could've killed you! I knew you shouldn't have gone to chase that thing." He hand was on his temple as he was pacing back and forth.

"Dad. Look I'm fine." I got up and put a little pressure on my ankle and felt no pain. "My ankle is fine. But he wasn't going to kill me. If he was going to he would have." My father nodded, "Goodness you're okay!" My mother finally came over with a couple tears running down her pale face. "I'm fine mom," I mumbled as she was squishing my cheeks together. "I know baby. I just don't know what I would do without you." I took my chance and bolted back to the castle to find out were they took that beautiful creature.

"Can someone tell me where they put the werewolf?" I asked aloud to the people running around me. Someone suddenly stopped as I realized it was Cameron, "Ethan! Oh my god! There is a werewolf in the castle? In the kingdom?" He asked bewildered. "Yes Cam, I am trying to find the damn thing." Cameron just laughed and smiled. "Sorry E, can't help you there but maybe my dad can help?" I nodded as Cameron brought us to his dad's office. "Boys. How can I help you?" He asked as he set down the black phone. "Well I was wondering if you knew where they put the werewolf sir."

His face changed to serious. "Yes I do. Why would you like to know?" He asked me as I asked the question. "Well-I-Well," "Enough gibberish, speak boy." I nodded and spoke again as clear as day. "I wanted to talk to the animal to see why it ventured into our land." He nodded a smile on his face as my soon to be king side took over me. "He's down there," pointing to the ground, "The dog is in dungeon room B." We started to walk out of the room. "Oh and Cameron?" He turned around, "Yes dad?" "Stay here. This is Ethan's to deal with. I'm sure he'll tell you all about it later." He nodded. I gave Cameron a fist bump and left.