eleven

third person's pov 

Alexander shivered at the memory but it wasn't a bad one. It was a good one if that makes any sense. He was remembering all the good times he had with Jasper. 

The kisses under the moonlight in the old oak tree. Holding each other's hands so hard that if they let go they would never see each other again. Saying their first love you's in that tree.

But that non-forgettable night was always on his brain when he left his mate because his parents ran everything he did as a child. To what he ate to his sleeping schedule to even his teachers in school. 

But they were clueless when he snuck out in the middle of the night to meet Jasper. And talk in that very tree they were standing at now. 

Ethan didn't know what to say. His father has lied to him, his sister and even his mother. His poor mother! She probably had no idea about him and Jasper as it was a conversation that didn't need to be talked about at all.

Pandora was there. She heard everything. She knew for a very long time that she wasn't her husband's true mate she was just a cover-up. She was used so that Alexander could forget about him and Jasper but he could never.

There were no words to be spoken. But right now wasn't the best time.

Ethan had looked down to see Grayson. He was white as a ghost. All the color from his face, gone. Ethan didn't care if his father killed him but now that he knew all this information he didn't think he would. 

He left Lainey's side and ran towards Grayson. Everyone's eyes on him as he lifted Grayson's shirt to see the stab wound from his father. 

Lainey had rushed over to Grayson's left while Ethan was on his right. "Turn him to me, Lainey. You have to pull out the knife even though it's keeping most of the blood in. He'll wake up from the pain and it would be good if he saw me when he does."

Lainey nodded and tried to push Grayson but his muscular body was way to heavy to lift by herself. "I need some help." She breathed out taking a break from trying the lift his almost lifeless body. 

Jasper signaled for his pack to help Lainey. As he couldn't even walk. Still holding onto Alexander's sweaty hand. The packed down feelings coming back to the surface.

Jasper's pack Beta, Frankie and one of his omega's Chris. Leaned down and moved their hands under Grayson's side as they turned him to Ethan. Lainey did what she was told and after Ethan's nod, as she pulled the knife out of Grayson's back. 

"HOLY MOTHER OF FUCKING SHIT!" Grayson screamed as the knife was pulled out of his stomach his handhold on Ethan very tight as the pink was turning to white. 

"Gray! Calm down! You're okay! I'm right here." Ethan southed as Grayson looked up to see his mate holding his hand with soft eyes.

Right as the knife was pulled from Grayson the healing powers closed the wound in a second. It couldn't heal around the knife but once it was removed it was able to heal.

Grayson layed in Ethan's arms his back to Ethan's chest. Ethan played with his strands of hair as it calmed down the wolf. Although his calmness would be shattered in the next minutes.

"Why does everyone look like that?" Grayson asked looking at everyone around them. 

Alexander was still holding onto to Jasper's hand as they somehow couldn't pull away after they were so close once again.

Pandora was still contemplating the whole situation. After hearing that her so-called "mate" never really loved her and used her, was not something she liked very much and has a very nasty plan up her sleeve.

Lainey was in a conversation with Frankie and Chris about werewolves. They answered almost every question she asked.

"What happened while I was out E?" Grayson asked again as he turned his head so he could see Ethan's face who looked like that wasn't the question to be asked at the moment but understood that Grayson needed to know.

"A lot. But I'll give you the short story. Okay?" Grayson just nodded as Ethan continued with the traumatic love story of Alexander and Jasper. He told him about how his father Alexander couldn't love Jasper because his parents Ethan's grandparents controlled his life and that they made the border.

"No way! That's so cool!" Grayson beamed as everyone turned there heads to see what he was smiling about. Ethan just smiled at Grayson's cute blush that covered his face.

As Ethan was telling the story Pandora had sneaked around Jasper and Alexander who were in a staring contest of love. And Lainey and the werewolf pack. Once she heard Ethan mention Alexander loving Jasper as her heart yearned for revenge.

She wanted justice for Alexander's lie all her life. So the only right thing to do in her mind was to kill him. 

She grabbed the knife that was pulled out of Grayson. She cleaned the dried blood of the sharp end with her shirt and silently walked behind the crowd in the shadows. 

Alexander felt a rush of adrenaline go through him and a sharp pain in his chest. He thought it was just heartburn but when he looked down a knife was through his heart.

Jasper had felt the pain but thought it was nothing but he knew it was coming from Alexander. After finally seeing each other and holding hands they finally connected the bond. But now they would have to mate to actually seal it but they won't be doing that now. 

Alexander knew it was Pandora as he could feel the rush of adrenaline from her. And he knew once the longtime secret was out that Pandora would act on her broken heart. It was really inevitable but once he was gone Jasper would be right behind him.

****

authors note:

well.... so you know very very early in the book i wrote the chapter that grayson had a dream that he saw him in ethan in a tree and they were holding there hands really tight and they said i love you? well if you didn't connect it by now it was actually Jasper and Alexander in the tree. and Jasper and Alexander looked like ethan and grayson when they were younger. WOW! hahaha! 

see you in the next chapter! love you!