Chapter 2

Phana was hunting. As a natural predator, it had always been something he enjoyed. Of course, tonight, he'd left behind his regular hunting grounds, since it was a different prey that he sought.

He scanned the crowd in the night club with interest, sniffing the air and taking in the scent of sweat and lust emanating off the writhing bodies on the dance floor. The full moon had brought out a lot of his kind, but only a handful were mingling with the humans, most of them preferring the company of other werewolves. But humans appealed to Phana in that one-night stand kind of way.

They weren't mate material, but as willing holes went, they certainly did the trick. Most of the time. Phana huffed in displeasure and reached for his beer to hide his grimace. There were several guys in the club whom he'd slept with before. They caught his eye and grinned invitingly, but they didn't stir any real interest. They were easy prey, and even the satisfying fucks didn't particularly draw him to a repeat performance.

"Nothing to your liking tonight?" the bartender asked him with a smirk.

Phana just shrugged. "Sometimes, it pays to wait. I'm on the prowl."

"Well, I get off at two," the bartender offered. "Maybe you and I can meet up, have some fun?"

The idea wasn't bad. The bartender's scantily clad body appealed to Phana, his exposed muscles making Phana's dick stir in his tight leather pants. Besides, on the night of the full moon, Phana didn't have a lot of patience. Phana smiled back.

"Maybe."

There were still a good couple of hours until the bartender's—what was his name again?—shift ended, so Phana decided he might as well dance for a while. He finished his drink and paid, leaving behind a hefty tip. He was just about to head toward the dance floor when something—the strong instinct that came with being a born Alpha wolf—froze him in his tracks. He scanned the crowd again, not sure himself as to what he expected to find. His answer came when his gaze fixed on the club entrance. A young tanned human shyly entered the club and stopped, hesitating before he could actually venture into the depths of the establishment. In spite of the distance, Phana's advanced senses took in the slender body of the new arrival with ease. The clothes he wore—a simple, tight-fitting black tee, and a pair of black jeans—weren't exactly designed for seduction, but they did point out the lines of his body nicely. Phana's hands were already itching to slide underneath the material of those garments and just touch. Someone else came in from behind the human and ushered him along with more violence than enthusiasm. The little morsel stumbled and Phana lost track of him as the human disappeared into the crowd on the dance floor. Phana was already in motion, making his way through the throng of swaying, intoxicated people in search of his prize. He half-expected someone else to snatch the human off before Phana could reach him, but it didn't happen. In fact, Phana ran into the young tanned human just as his new prey was getting up and attempting not to be squashed. Phana grabbed the human's hand, causing the boy to tense and try to pull away.

 "It's okay," Phana told him. "I'm just going to get you out of this crowd."

It was seriously hard for Phana not to look threatening to the already scared human when his instincts had him all riled up and his dick had gone... well, hard. Still, he must have succeeded to mask at least a part of his natural urges because the human didn't try to break away from him again. His hand felt so small and soft in Phana's own, and it just made Phana imagine how it might touch his dick. By the time they abandoned the dance floor, Phana had managed to weave quite a web of sexual fantasies. He shook them off and guided his prey to the bar. When they were a little safer, he finally addressed the young human.

"Hi," he greeted the little morsel. "Would you like me to buy you a drink?"

The young man shot him a hesitant smile. "S-Sure," he stammered. "Thanks. And thank you for back there."