Chapter 21

Before he'd met Phana, Forth couldn't even have fathomed such a thing could be possible, but now, he accepted it. The beauty of the mate bond humbled him and he tentatively sent back, I love you too.

At last, the high of their pleasure began to fade and they collapsed together on the bed, their bodies still entwined.

 "I can't believe I can hear you in my head," Forth murmured breathlessly when he could speak.

"It only happens when we're actually having sex," Phana replied. "The rest of the time, we just feel each other's emotions."

For the longest time, they just lay there, Phana's dick still inside Forth. Distantly, Forth wondered why in the world this kept happening after they had sex—and what exactly this was. Michael had mentioned it too, so it had to be a werewolf thing.

Phana must have sensed his curiosity or guessed his thought, because he proceeded to explain, "It's called knotting, baby. It only shows up between werewolves and their mates. Supposedly, it exists to assist with the impregnation of females."

"Looks like it works for men too," Forth replied with a slight snicker.

When Phana finally slid out of him, Forth turned in Phana's embrace and cuddled closer to his mate. "So now what? What's going to happen? Do you need to go back to your pack P'Pha?"

Phana shook his head. "They pushed me into something I never wanted, and I don't want you or our son to be in the middle of that kind of poison."

Forth faced his lover and fixed him with a serious look. "What exactly happened, P'Pha? Tell me everything, and don't ignore any detail."

With a sigh, his new mate agreed. As he took in everything Phana had gone through, Forth couldn't help but gasp. "You could have been killed, P'Pha. I can't believe your father would go for something like that."

"The werewolf world is often cruel," Phana answered, kissing Forth's forehead.

"But don't worry, baby. We can build a pack of our own, for the three of us and all those lone wolves out there who don't fit it."

"A lone wolf pack?" Forth beamed brightly, already loving the concept. It was kind of a paradox, just like Phana, and because of that, it was perfect. "That's a great idea."

Phana chuckled, obviously surprised by Forth's enthusiasm. "We'll see how it goes in time. For now, it'll be me, you and our son. And I can't wait."

Forth couldn't have agreed more. He had not expected to find love when he'd gone to that club, but he had. And now, here he was, pregnant with his werewolf's baby, ready to start a new life. He couldn't have been happier.

*****************************

A few weeks later.....

"Are you never going to tell me the truth about this whole thing?"

Ming crossed his arms over his chest and glared at his father. The other man just ignored Ming's pissed off expression and added another shirt to his suitcase.

"I told you. It's not my secret to share. I swore to keep that knowledge from anyone. And as much as I want to tell you about it, you're better off not knowing."

Ming huffed in frustration. "Forth won't tell me either. He said his lover claims it's too dangerous."

"And he's right." His father hugged him tightly, just like he used to when Ming had been young and confused. "Look, you already have too much on your plate."

Forth will be fine. I've made arrangements for after he gives birth. We'll say the baby is Phana's, and his mother, a good friend of Forth's, died in child birth. The two of them fell in love, and Forth adopted the baby."