2. Ellen II

"Are you guys closing already?" Macy's amber eyes had a look of disappointment in them. "I thought I was gonna have a drink."

"Well, I am the bartender." Zach said with a polite smile. "And since I am here, why don't I make two drinks for both of you lovely ladies?"

"That would be so awesome. Thank you a lot.....uhmm"

"Zach. His name is Zach." I replied with a nervous smile.

"Please sit down in those stools as I work my magic in the bar." Zach motioned to the stools and made us sit before walking back to the bar.

"How impolite of me to not introduce myself! I am Macy and you are?" She extended her hand for me to shake. Little did she know that I found out her name the day my eyes had landed on her. I held her palm nervously in my own and felt my cold skin bask in its warmth.

"Ellen."

"Nice to meet you, Ellen." My name felt at home on her tongue.

Macy was looking elegant in her red maxi dress. Her light brown hair was tied up in a neat bun. It was evident that she had dressed up for some special occasion but I did not want to intrude in her personal life by asking her about it. Her eyeliner was perfectly winged and her lips were painted in the most lovely shade of red.

Those lips!

"Here you go, guys." Zach's voice brought me back from my thoughts. He placed two cold glasses in front of us. "Enjoy."

Macy gulped down the drink in one go. "Huh. I needed that a lot. Thanks so much, Zach."

"My pleasure." Zach nodded.

"You can have this one too if you want." I pushed my glass forward towards her. "I'm not in need of a drink right now."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Go on."

Macy gulped the second drink down just as fast as the first one.

"Feel better now?" Zach asked with a concerned look.

"Yeah! So, much..." She was interrupted by the loud honking of her car.

"I'm sorry, guys. I have to leave now." She glanced at her golden wrist watch. "It's 11:15 already and I'm late for a party. How much do I owe you?"

"Nothing. It's on the house." I replied with a smile. "Trust me."

"It's 11:15? We gotta close the diner too," said Zach.

"Oh! Then maybe I could give you guys a lift? Where do you guys live?"

"You don't have to do that. El and I are actually roommates and we'll go together safely." Zach replied in a polite way.

"It's very late and it would be a pleasure for me to give you guys a ride. So, tell me where do you live?"

After Zach told our address, Macy had a big smile on her face. "I am going that way too! Come on! Now I have to drop you guys home. Close the diner and join me in my car. I'm waiting."

Zach gave me a smirk after Macy left. "Hurry up! We're gonna ride your crush's car."

I had never been so excited in my life.

______________________________________

Author's Note