Chapter 2

Of all three rules, rule number 3 was the hardest to keep for Abby, because it came as a result of both rules 1 and 2.

Growing up the two would always get in fights, some bigger than others but they never wanted to hurt each other, as you could tell by rule 3.

As twins, they were very good at doing stuff together, especially when it came to climbing the 22ft tall tree on the river bank out side their house, which leads me nicely into the main part of the story.

As they did everyday after school, Abby and Kyle went to climb trees, but when Kyle arrived at the trees to meet his sister, she was kissing a boy, a boy Kyle knew, a boy Kyle hated. The boys name was Alex, Kyle and Alex had been friends for years until Alex betrayed him, although his betrayal would seem like nothing to adults, it was enough to cause a feud between the two.

Many thoughts rushed through Kyles head when he saw the two together, he thought Alex was using Abby to get back at him, but he acted as if nothing was up and just walked over to the pair and climbed the tree along side them.

They climbed branch after branch and jumped from edge to edge to reach the very top of the tallest tree, all three of them sat 22ft above everyone else, they felt like they were on top of the world.

After this addition to the pair, Alex began tagging along with the twins to the trees and they became a trio, no longer a pair.

As Alex's presence lingered from days to weeks, Kyle was still not comfortable with his being there.