Chapter 3

Much to Kyles discomfort, Alex started becoming more indulged in the twins activities and started doing everything with them, but as Alex and Abby's relationship blossomed, she began pushing her own twin brother aside to be with her romantic interest, breaking rule 2!

Suddenly everywhere Kyle looked, Alex was there, at first it was tormenting, but after a few weeks, his presence felt more and more normal to Kyle. But then one day after school, Kyle went to meet Abby and Alex down by the river, as per usual, but Abby and Alex were no where to be seen.

Kyle felt alone, just sitting up on the highest branch of the tree,
and as an hour passed, he finally came to terms with the fact that he had been ditched by his own flesh and blood. As he began stepping down from branch to branch, he started crying, his brain had no idea why, but his heart did, he was upset that his sister had broken rules number 1 and 2.

As the tears began flowing down his rosy cheeks at an increasing rate and splashing onto his dirty, brown shoes, he just stopped climbing down the tree, he just stayed on this random branch, but it wasn't so random after all, with now only 11 ft more to go, he knew that he was exactly half way down and he was aware that half way down, was the strongest branch. As i had said before, he was extremely intelligent.

Hours had passed as Kyle just sat crying on the middle branch of the tree, he looked at his watch, he was an hour past his curfew, he knew his mother would be worried sick. So with this in mind, he wiped the water from his tear stained face and began to make his way back down the sturdy tree.

He made it home just seconds after reaching the bottom of the tree (as he only had to walk 5 steps and jump a fence) and his mother started shouting at him, but he wasn't listening, he wasn't paying attention to the sound of her angry voice droning on, his mind was else where.