Chapter 6

Alex was just staring at the water, he was waiting for Kyle to just get up out of the water, but he didn't, Alex just wanted a sign that he was alive, even just an air bubble, but there was nothing. Nothing at all. Part of Alex wanted to shout for help and call an ambulance, but he knew that he would get in serious trouble for pushing the young boy to his death.

Alex just calmly climbed down the tree, but he heard Abby coming, he freaked out and screamed, Abby ran over to the tree in a panic, and began quickly climbing the tree to reach her boyfriend Alex. As she saw him just staring down at the river, she was worried and asked if he was okay. He told her that Kyle had accidentally fallen into the river and that he was climbing down the tree to tell Abby and their mum.

Abby screamed and started crying, her mum ran out on a shocked manor. She told her mum what had happen, the pair were distraught, they were crying their eyes out and whilst Abby was searching the water level for her brother, her mum was speaking to the ambulance service, she was trying to explain that her son had fallen from the tree, but she was too distraught to get the words out.

Alex offered to speak to them. He told them what happened, and then told them the address, and the ambulance and the police services were there within half an hour.

The paramedics with scuba masks ventured into the water to try and search for Kyle. But there was nothing, no sign of the young boy. They spent hours surveying the scene trying to find clues as to how he fell, but they found nothing.

The next day the police came back to the river to search again in daylight, and they had sent out a search party searching in a 10 mile radius. But still nothing, after two detectives came to visit the scene, they came to a conclusion, they had placed a missing persons report but they said that Kyle was 'missing and presumed dead'.

Hearing the words 'presumed dead' sent shivers down Abby and her mother's spine. The idea that their brother/son could most likely be dead, was enough to scar someone for life.