Chapter 9

At this point in time, Kyle has been missing, presumed dead for over two months, and there had still been no advancements in his case. People had been calling it a cold case and they were getting messages telling them to just let it go and to accept the fact that he was DEAD.

Whilst Abby was getting hate for refusing to admit her brother was dead, her mum was starting to become suspicious of Alex. This became obvious when Abby and her mum had Alex over for dinner, she was asking him weird questions about the day Kyle fell, asking him about his family's past. But when Alex was about to answer the bundle of questions the grieving mother was asking, he just panicked and started stuttering.

This made Alex look guilty, very guilty, and Kyles mum was starting to think he was hiding something, but Abby just thought he had PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) from watching Kyle fall.

At the end of the evening, Abby said that they should do this once every week, to become closer and for Alex and her mum to get to know each other better, but no one replied.

As Alex walked about of the door, he made a rude remark about Abby's mother, Abby didn't hear it but mum did, she slammed the door shut behind him and locked it.