5. Unnatural

The curtains were pushed open, letting the morning light stream into your room. You slowly opened your eyes, squinting at a young woman who had begun cleaning the room you were staying in. You tilted your head to the side in confusion as she began washing the windows. Noticing movement on the bed, she turned around to face you, her eyes widening slightly. Her hair was dark brown and was pushed back with a black headband, reaching the middle of her back. You could see the worry and fear in her eyes as she stumbled a little, catching your tired gaze. She quickly falls to her knees, bowing lowly. "My apologies Lady (Y/n), I didn't mean to wake you", she whimpers. You stand from the large four poster bed and approach her, kneeling by her side. You help her sit up and hold her smaller hands within your own. "You're afraid", you mutter quietly. Her eyes widen even more, tears threatening to fall. You reach your hand up only for her to flinch away, her hands pulled out of yours and now covering her head. You placed your hands on top of hers, pulling them off of herself. You then reached up and rested your hand against her cheek, stroking her soft skin with your thumb. "How old are you?", you ask. She doesn't look up at you, still scared as to what might happen. "22", she whispers. You continued to stare at her, trying to understand why she happened to be so frightened. "Why are you here?". She freezes and looks up at you, a look of uncertainty resting on her youthful face. "I promise you that I will cause you no harm", you whisper softly, moving closer to wrap your arms protectively around her. Within a matter of second her quiet sobs can be heard as she hugs you back, burying her face in your shoulder. "Please help us, I just want to go home", she cries.

*Knock knock knock* 
"Darling, are you decent?", you hear Edward call from the other side of the door. "I'm getting dressed, would it be alright if you returned in five minutes?!", you yell back. You hear him clear his throat, most likely annoyed. "Of course, I will return shortly". Once the sound of his footsteps disappeared you released the young woman, holding her shoulders protectively. "Stay calm for me, okay. I'll get you out of here and before I heard you say 'us'. Are there more of you?". She gives a quick nod and stands with you, wiping her eyes. "Where are they?", you ask, concern lacing your voice. "He keeps us in the basement, please help us". You give a determined nod and pet her head. "Of course, I promise you that I will help you. Don't even worry". For the first time you saw her smile, you had given her hope after all. She hugs you once more, hiding her face in your chest. "Thank you, Lady (Y/n)". 

You quickly changed from your nightgown into a dress which Edward had ordered you to wear. You disliked it greatly, feeling like a princess, which you disliked greatly even though you had become close with Elizabeth and her family. The young woman tightened your corset for you before returning to the window as you began brushing your hair. The door suddenly opened revealing the man you despised. "Oh how I love to see my princess all dressed up", he cheers, clapping his hands. You forced a smile, not wanting to upset him. Over the days you had spent in his company you had a good idea of what kind of person he was. He was ruthless and barbaric when it came to something he wanted and he was childish, throwing tantrums when he didn't receive it. You had angered him once before but learned how to avoid it and did so.

His eyes darted from your sitting form to the young woman cleaning the window. "Have you met Elanor? She's a lovely girl, she's probably my favourite maid". You nod, staring at yourself in the mirror as you continuously ran the hairbrush through your (h/c) locks. "I have, she is a lovely girl". Edward nods in agreement and clears his throat as he straightens out his jacket. "Won't you join me for breakfast?", he asks, offering his arm to link with yours. You hesitantly stand and walk over to the taller male, linking your arm with his. Something you hated about this was that it felt unnatural, it was not something you enjoyed, having to touch or be around this man. You longed for something different, someone different. And no matter how much this man would try to get you to fall in love with him, you knew that you wouldn't. You were already in love with someone and Edward could do nothing to change your mind.

I'm really happy with how this story is turning out so far! Also, I am writing two chapters now including this one. I felt like continuing so I did so, I'll just proof read it and then publish it. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD