Chapter 1 : My So-Called Perfect Life

Everybody always think that I have the perfect life. The perfect family, the perfect twin sister, the perfect lifestyle. Just the perfect everything. My dad is a C.O.O at his factory for airplanes. Mum is a housewife who cooks the most amazing meals and sells them for impossible prices. My twin sister, Regan, is an artist. She creates paintings for a museum and she’ll get money for it. Then you have me, Alisa, the dancer of the family. I came in first place in all of my competitions and I’m always the least liked in my class because I was just that good. But everything in my life wasn’t so perfect. My mum and dad always expects my sister and I to be the most greatest daughters in the planet. If things doesn’t go their way, Regan and I will get punished for it. So everything in my household isn’t rainbows and unicorns. It’s basically the complete opposite.

“Alisa, hurry up! You don’t want to be late!” I heard Regan calling me from downstairs.

I locked myself in the toilet, putting my fingers in my mouth and throwing up for almost five minutes now. I backed away from the toilet seat and flushed it, getting up from the floor. I went over to the mirror and looked at myself. I looked pale and also broken. I looked weak and also sick. I do this type of thing to myself because I am a dancer and I also have to look fit. My dancer instructor, Emily Nun, never let’s any of us dancers to eat anything higher than ten calories. After every meal I end up going into the toilet and just putting fingers down my throat. It’s not the best way, but it’s the only I can stay on the team. The one little ounce of fat can get you kicked off the team.

I pulled my hair back into a ponytail and started to look at my outfit. I was wearing my opaque bodysuit tights and black soffe shorts. I turned my wrists over and noticed the scars were still visible. I looked down at the floor and picked up my jacket. I quickly put it on and checked myself out in the mirror. I’m hoping and praying that I can wear this jacket all day. But it’s going to be impossible. I opened the door and began to run down the stairs, meeting Regan at the bottom.

“Took you long enough. What the hell were you doing up there anyways?” Regan asked.

“Brushing my teeth,” I said, walking past her and going towards the front door.

“I didn’t know it took almost ten minutes to brush your teeth,” Regan said, coming by my side. I ignored her statement and opened the door, stepping out of the flat.

I never told my family about what I was doing to myself. They’ll probably freak out and make a big deal out of it. To me, it’s a personal thing that I can stop and fix. The extreme dieting, I have to keep because of dance. And the cutting is because of stress, it kind of relaxes me. So there’s no way of fixing me.

“Oh my God. Look it’s Harry Styles on a lawn mower,” Regan said, while both of us were walking towards the car. I looked over and saw our next door neighbor Harry Styles mowing the lawn and eating an apple at the same time. “Why did he have to be so damn cute while doing so?” Regan said.

Both of us were basically staring at him. I never actually talked to Harry before, but Regan has. After one little conversation with him, she’s been completely obsessed with him. She began to stalk his twitter and instagram like he was some type of celebrity. It was weird and sad to look at. I didn’t really see what the big deal was about him. His curly hair, green eyes, and amazing smile, doesn’t turn me on like it does to Regan.

“Okay, can we go. Like you said, you don’t want me to be late,” I said, turning my head towards Regan. She was still looking at him, smiling and biting her lower lip. “Regan,” I said, pushing her. She looked at me, like she just gotten out of a trance.

“Oh come on Alisa. Don’t act like you don’t think he’s hot,” Regan said.

I looked back at Harry and I saw his eyes look up at me. I quickly turned around and went towards the car. I’m not the type of person to go all girl crazy when it comes to lads. That’s not really me; that’s all Alisa.