Chapter 6 : Calling It A Date

My eyes opened slowly, my vision blurry, and I saw two people standing, looking down at me.

“Her and Sammy burst into my flat like they were robbing the place. I was going to call the police until I realize Alisa was your daughter and Sammy only lived next door,” the voice was familiar.

“I am so sorry about this. I thought she was home,” another familiar voice. Dad?

“They smelt like alcohol,” once again the familiar voice. A woman. Once I gotten my vision, I saw Dad and Mrs.Kayfer, talking to each other. Dad had an apologetic emotion on his face while Mrs.Kayfer had a stern look.  

My head was hurting and I felt so nauseous. It seemed like I was in Mrs.Kayfer’s flat, sleeping on her couch. I slowly sat up and saw Dad and Mrs.Kayer looking at me. I looked over to the side and saw Sammy no where to be seen. Did she leave me? I turned back around and faced the both of them.

“Where’s Sammy?” I asked. When I tried talking, there was throb on the side of my head and it was aching so badly.

“She left once I begun to call your parents,” Mrs.Kayfer said.

Sammy totally bailed on me. I was left here alone, knowing that we were in somebody’s else home. Why would she do that? Why didn’t she wake me up? Is this part of having a good time with each other? I just couldn’t believe it. I looked up at Dad he looked angry, but tried not to show it because of Mrs.Kayfer standing right next to him. Dad took out a sigh and looked back at Mrs.Kayfer.

“This will never happen again,” Dad said.

“I hope not. Because next time it happens, I will be calling the police,” Mrs.Kayfer said. Dad nodded.

“I guarantee it won’t, “ Dad said. He looked back at me and waved his fingers toward me. I stood up from the couch and followed him out the door. We headed out the door and went towards the car, not saying a word.

Dad gotten into the driver’s side while I went into the passenger side. I sat in the seat and sunk back. I was afraid of what will happen when I step foot into that flat. What will Dad do? What will he say? I looked forward, my body stiff as ever. I didn’t dare looking at Dad because he would probably slap me right there. Trust me, he had the right to be upset with me. But whatever punishment he’s going to do, will hurt. And I’m not sure if I’m prepared for it.

Once Dad parked the car in the driveway, I began to open the door until Dad grabbed my arm and pulling me back into the seat. My head swing towards him, his face red. My heart rate went up and I was still stiff.

“I should’ve slapped the hell out of you at Mrs.Kayfer’s home. Why in the hell would you do that? You are ruining my reputation. You are now a disappointment,” Dad said, pushing my arm away and getting out of the car.

A disappointment? I gotten out of the car, closing the door behind me. I walked towards the front door and opened it, going inside and seeing Regan in the entrance way. I closed the door behind me and walked up to her.

“When I saw this morning you didn’t come home, I called Emily. Telling her you weren’t going to make it,” Regan said. I nodded my head. But then I felt a huge knot in my throat. I felt my face getting hot and then my eyes were getting watery.

“Dad called me a disappointment,” I said. Regan’s face looked like she was sorry for me, but I shook my head. I ran up the stairs, going towards my room. I heard footsteps following behind me and I hurried towards my bed, taking out a knife from under my pillow. I aimed it towards my arm and felt somebody come up against me, reaching towards the knife.

“Alisa stop! This is stupid!” Regan yelled.

She gotten the knife out of my hand I turned around towards her. She was holding the knife in her hand and she was looking at me. Tears were still coming down my face and I couldn’t stop them. Dad just called me his disappointment. I knew he was such an asshole towards Regan and I, but I didn’t think, he’ll call me a disappointment.