Chapter 13 : His Secret To Tell

The next day, I began to walk down to the lake that afternoon. Regan gotten in trouble last night was now getting her punishment from Mum. I couldn’t stay in the same room as Regan, so I decided to get some fresh air instead. I couldn’t hardly sleep last night because the dinner got me thinking. What did Regan mean about Harry’s past? Did he harm girls before? I was hoping I didn’t see him today so I can at least get my mind straight on this whole thing.

Once I gotten to the lake, I saw Harry already there, standing beside the water and looking out in the open. I stopped in my tracks and wondered if I should just walk back home or go to Sammy’s flat. But this could be my chance to know what the hell is wrong with him and what was Regan talking about. Something had to be bothering him because he was at the lake by himself. I was surprised he didn’t swim to the cottage instead. He was probably waiting on me. I began to walk toward him, and his head turned towards me. His eyebrows were furrowed and his lips were in a straight line.

“Hey,” I said, standing beside him.

“Hey,” Harry said, his voice dark. Harry then looked back out in the open, his hands in his pockets.

I took out a sigh. I knew something was wrong with him. He wasn’t smiling or even bothering to make a conversation. His jaw kept clenching together and I could tell he was upset.

“I hope you aren’t mad about the whole Regan situation at dinner,” I said. Harry turned his head towards me.

“Not mad. It just bothered me,” Harry said. Same with me.

“Do you know what Regan was talking about? You know, about your past?” I asked. Harry took out a sigh and shook his head. He turned his head back around towards the lake.

“I really don’t want to talk about it,” Harry said.

I rolled my eyes. Here we go again. I was getting aggravated by how Harry kept  saying he doesn’t want to talk about something about him, when I tell him everything that I really don’t want to tell anyone. I took out a sigh and turned my body towards Harry.

“Why do you keep doing that?” I asked. Harry turned his head towards me and he then turned his whole body in front of me. “You keep pushing me out of a conversation, like you have something to hide. I spill every out on the table and I get nothing from you. What in the hell are you keeping from me?!” I yelled.

Harry took one of his hands out of his pockets and brushed back his hair, then putting both of his hands on the sides of him. He took out a sigh and stared back at me.

“If I tell you I know you wouldn’t like it,” Harry said.

“What did Regan mean about your past? Did you hurt girls or something?” I asked.

“No. God no. With girls, I don’t really have relationships. I really didn’t do relationships until I met you. When you spoke of Tara, we had this type of sex relationship with no strings attached. I did the same with other girls but no relationship,” Harry said.

Okay. Wow. I cleared my throat. Some of things Regan said was kind of true. But I still didn’t understand why Harry would rather have a relationship with me?

“So, you were kind of the Christian Grey in all of this,” I said.

“No. No where near him. I didn’t have rules about my sex and how I wanted my girls,” Harry said.

“How many girls then?” I asked. I know it was too much information, but I just had to know.

“Nineteen,” Harry said.

I thought it would’ve been more.

“I’m still not understanding why you’re in a relationship with me then. Would you just have sex with me and then leave me the next day?” I asked. I was remembering about what Regan told me about Harry. Saying that he was only looking for sex and he would leave me after everything was done. I was most afraid of that.