Chapter 5 : Blushing and Jealousy

The next morning, I was at practice in the locker room with the rest of the girls. We were getting into our other gear and waiting to be called for our solos, duets, trios, or the whole group dance. I was sitting on the bench right across from Sammy, wrapping her cloth around her foot and shoe. I wrapped my hair into a bun and waited for Sammy to finish.

“Emily freaked out on me when she saw my weight today,” Sammy said, putting her foot down and looking at me. Before, Emily did our weight and Emily pulled Sammy to the side, yelling at her and threatened her that she’ll be kicked off the team if she doesn’t get her weight together.

“Are you going to listen to her?” I asked. Sammy shrugged her shoulders.

“Probably not. I’m not going to lose weight because she wants me to. I’m the perfect weight for my age,” Sammy said.

I wish I was that confident like Sammy. She didn’t give two shits if she were to ever get in trouble in this dance studio. But to me, this is the only studio where I know I’m on top of the game. One day, I want to be a famous dancer and just go around the world. I want to make sure I’m on Emily’s good side to make sure that I get to that point.

“But who cares. We should hang out tonight,” Sammy said.

“Tonight?” I asked.

“Yeah. We only see each other during dance and it would be really great if we have some fun tonight,” Sammy said.

Even though I am 21 years old, I still a damn curfew with my parents. I should always be home by ten and I can’t leave after that. My parents are still stuck on the ‘perfect daughter’ thing and they don’t neighbors and other people being nosy. Dad especially doesn’t want his reputation to ruin because of his daughters. So of course Dad wants us home at a certain time, so Regan and I doesn’t look like wild girls going partying at night.

“I don’t know. You know how my dad and mum is about curfew,” I said.

“Sneak out,” Sammy said. She said it like it was no big deal.

“I don’t how I’m going to do that. My dad is always awake till five in the morning,” I said.

“Make it possible. This is a once in a lifetime shot Alisa. I want to do something fun with my best mate tonight. Let’s get crazy for once,” Sammy said.

I took out a sigh. Trust me it was tempting. But with the household I live in, there is no way I’m going to make it out of that flat. I don’t even know if I’ll even make it down the stairs. But just going out with my mate is the best offer in the world. If I do this with Sammy, I’ll have a taste of freedom and it can turn my depression upside down to something wonderful. I shrugged my shoulders.

“Sure. Why not,” I said. Sammy’s smile then appeared and she clapped her hands together excitedly.

“Great. Meet me at your front yard at nine. I’ll text you,” Sammy said. I nodded my head.

Going out with Sammy tonight felt awesome inside. I was getting excited also. But then I remembered. How in the hell am I going to get out of the flat without being noticed? I know deep down that I’m not going to make it out of that flat alive. But it’s worth it. Harry said, he’ll help me, if I help myself. Maybe this is a good time for helping myself. Going out there with my mate, not dealing with my parents, nor Emily.

“Emily wants solos first,” Emily’s assistant, Karen called.

I looked at Sammy and she came me a thumbs up and I gave one back to her. I got up from the bench along with Tara, coming by my side. Tara also gotten a solo and she’s now determined that she’s going to beat me. I actually doubt it.