Chapter 18 : Stay {LAST CHAPTER}

Whoa.

What happened?

Why do I feel so cold?

Why are my thought so echoey?

This is just weird.

My vision is blurry and all I can hear are telephones ringing and people in blue walking past me. Blue? I blinked my eyes twice and my vision was then clear. I was standing in the middle of a hallway and there were men and women wearing blue and white coats, walking and talking at a fast pace past me. I looked down the hallway and saw Mum, Dad, Regan, Sammy, Jesse, and Harry sitting on a bench against the wall. Some were crying and some were talking seriously. I must be at the hospital. But why am I all the way over here and they’re all the way over there? What’s going on?

I walked down the hallway and walked over to them. Mum was crying and Dad was trying to calm her down. Regan’s head was down and I heard whimpers coming from her. I looked over at Sammy and Jesse and they were both crunched down on the floor against the wall, both of them not saying a word. Then I looked at Harry, who was sitting right beside Regan, and his hands were clasped together against his mouth and his eyes were watery and red. I’m so confused. I’m standing right in front of them and they’re not even noticing.

“Why are we at the hospital?” I asked. Nothing. Their emotion didn’t change at all. They were still crying. It was like they ignored my voice. I squatted down in front of Harry and this time he was looking into my eyes, but he was still crying. “Harry, what’s going on?” I asked. Nothing. I frowned and turned my head over at Regan. “Regan, what’s going on?” I asked. Once again nothing.

I stood up and looked down at everyone. What the hell is going on?

“The doctor is here,” Sammy said, standing up from the floor. Everyone else stood up as well and I looked over at my right and saw a doctor heading our way, a clipboard in his hand. I stepped out of the way and stood by Mum’s side, who was still crying.

A male doctor came towards us; he was a tall lad with a squared face, but also kind of handsome. I wanted to ask what was going on until Dad started to speak first.

“Is Alisa okay?” Dad asked. Wait. Alisa? Me? But I’m standing right here. The doctor took out a sigh.

“I would like to speak to the parents instead,” the doctor said, his voice deep.

“Please. Just tell us now. We all care for her and we just need to know if she’s okay,” Harry said. What in the hell is going on? I looked back at the doctor, my face still frowning but my lips parted. Once again the doctor took out a  sigh and looked down at his clipboard and back at us.

“Alisa cut an important artery on her wrist. Once she cut it, two pints of blood already left her body. That vessel oxygenates blood from the heart and throughout the whole body. I assumed the police call was far too late to even save her life,” the doctor said.

I kept hearing my heartbeat in my ears and I was beginning to feel nauseated. I looked down at my wrist and there was no cut there. My whole arm didn’t have a single cut even the other didn’t have a cut. Something was wrong. I looked back up towards the doctor.

“What are you saying?” Dad asked.

“We tried the best we can. But she lost so much blood on the ride here. She died a couple minutes after she arrived at the hospital,” the doctor said.

I looked over at my family and saw Mum and Regan crying out. Dad held both of them in his arms, trying not to cry himself. I looked over at Harry and his forehead was against the wall and his hands against his face. Sammy was crying herself alongside Jesse. I turned back to the doctor and he left without saying a word.