Alana McLaren

Power: Shape shifting
Date: Saturday, June 23rd
Time: 11:46 am
Location: Alana's house
Summer Vacation
*Ptsd and suicidal trigger warning*
...

"There are more reporters," Ava said, sitting on the end of my hospital bed, "I told them to go away."

I didn't answer. I never answered.

I fumbled with the iv tube that was sticking out of my arm.

I wanted to sit up but it was too painful.

I could finally feel pain.

This was my second time getting surgery, but now this time I could feel the sharp pain in my hip from where a dagger like shadow was driven into my side.

I blinked and a tear fell from the corner of my eye.

I didn't realise until then that I was crying.

"They won't leave," Ava said looking through the window of my hospital room and rubbing my calf.

"How's Noah?"

Ava's head shot around and her eyes widened. That was the first I had spoken in weeks.

"He is okay, he was gonna come visit you today," She said, furrowing her eyebrows, trying not to make a big fuss about my speech.

My heart fluttered.

I hadn't seen Noah in a week.

I moved my arm, wincing at the pain in my side.

I looked up at Ava hopefully, "Do you think I could go visit Tyler?"

My head throbbed but I wanted to get up and around.

Tears filled my eyes thinking of Mia.

Then the idea popped into my head again. That stupid idea that I couldn't help but need. The one that had taken over me.

I looked around the room and sighed.

Ava nodded and grabbed my walker.

I sat up, the pain bearable but annoying.

I gripped the sides of the walker tightly and pushed myself up, Ava supporting my back.

I closed my eyes and saw Mia's dead face hiding behind my eyelids. I opened them again, feeling blood that was only in the past spray my face like it had in that moment.

Tears filled my eyes and I closed my eyes again and scrunched up my nose.

"You okay?" Ava asked me tentatively.

I nodded and un-scrunched my nose, keeping my eyes closed, "Yeah, it just hurts." 

I couldn't lift my hand to wipe my tears so I let them fall. 

"Come on, lets get moving," Ava said in a kind voice. 

I opened my eyes and saw a blurry figure through my tears standing the hall. They were leaned against the counter of the nurse's station which was stationed right outside my room. 

More tears fell clearing my vision. 

My jaw hang low as Mia, pale and skinny smiled at me from the nurse's station. 

Blood ran down the side of her head where my bullet entered her head. 

Tears streamed down my face and I closed my eyes. 

"It's not real, it's not real," I whispered to myself. 

"What, what's not real?" Ava asked, her voice urgent and panicky.