CHAPTER 12

For some reason, the lockers beside Levi had been empty for most of his high school life. But now there stood Vicky, merrily stocking her books in them.

"Hi," she said turning away once she saw him frowning.

"Hi." said Levi opening his locker and blocking her out. It was so much harder to ignore her when she kept popping up everywhere.

"So do you have French class now?" asked Vicky innocently. She knew all too well he didn't take French at school.

Levi shut his locker with more force than necessary and glared at her. "No."

"Me neither." said Vicky merrily, closing her locker and walking off.

Levi stared after her, as she turned and walked into their shared Spanish class. Did the girl have all her classes with him? Why couldn't he get rid of her?

Although Levi was feeling pretty frustrated at this point, he was also late for class. Sighing he started to walk to class, glad that at least Samthon would be in this one.

Levi stepped into the full classroom, where thankfully the teacher had not yet arrived. In this classroom there were no fixed seats and anyone could sit anywhere they liked and talk as much as they wanted to---but only in if they spoke in Spanish.

Levi searched for an empty seat, his mouth narrowing into a thin line as he spotted Vicky with a space beside her. There was no way he would sit there. It was probably better if he bunked the class.

"Levi!" called Samthon from the back. "Saved you a seat. Come on over here."

Levi grinned. Thank goodness Samthon was here.

As soon as he sat down, Samthon started bombarding him with questions.

"People are talking about the new girl." he declared. "She is sitting behind you during Maths class. Everyone at Geography is so jealous of you right now."

"It's not that much of a deal. She's annoying if you ask me." said Levi with a scowl in Vicky's general direction. She was obliviously doodling at the edge of her notebook, friendless here without Traci or David around. Traci didn't take any linguistic classes this year and David had music class.

Not that Levi felt sympathetic towards her. It was best if he kept his distance. Girls like her were always trouble.

"She's annoying? She's annoying?" said Samthon incredulously. "I'd sooner believe you if you said you were gay. Have you not seen her properly? Here put on you glasses."

He shoved the spectacles onto Levi's face as he let out an angry hiss. "Yes I have seen her properly. Flirted with her over text too. Don't like her." he said cleaning the smudgy fingerprint marks Samthon had marked on his glasses with the edge of his shirt.

Samthon looked longingly over to Vicky. She was looking nervously at the board, biting her lower lip. She turned suddenly and gave a small smile to Samthon, who grinned widely and waved at her.

"Why don't you come sit with us?" he called out. Levi kicked him hard on the shin.

"What the hell are you doing?" hissed Levi. "Are you out of your mind?"

But it was too late. Vicky had got up and walked over to them.

"Where is she going to sit?" asked Levi irritably as he put his bag on the bit of empty space on the bench he was sitting on.

"Why beside you of course." said Samthon slyly taking away his bag. "Now scoot over a bit and let Vicky sit beside you.

"Thank you." said Vicky with a breathtaking smile.

Levi looked ready to murder someone as Vicky sat down beside him, her sweet smelling hair and full lips far too close for his liking. He shifted uncomfortably trying to put some space between them, but in vain. The damn bench was just enough for the two of them.

Vicky's hand accidentally brushed his own as she opened her notebook.

Levi was going to kill Samthon. Slowly and painfully when this class was over.

"Good morning class." said a bald, plump looking man with a mustache that curled below his ears. "Today we will start working on a Spanish project. Let's divide you all into teams of two. Let's start from the back. Levi and the lovely girl, Samthon and Marcel, Lisa and Shreya..."

But Levi wasn't listening anymore. His life was turning into a living nightmare. This girl was following him everywhere.

He suddenly became aware of a pair of soft brown eyes looking at him with concern. Vicky was staring at him. He looked at her and said harshly, "What?"

"Oh, nothing," said Vicky, blushing a deep red. "I I thought thought you looked up-upset."

Levi couldn't help but smirk at that. She was stammering again, which meant she was nervous, which meant he made her nervous, which meant...which meant...he didn't know what that meant.

"Why did you think I looked upset?" he asked, his voice kinder this time.

"You you don't don't seem to like like the fact that I that I am here." she said nervously, worrying her lower lip.

Levi cursed under his breath. Did she have to be so innocent and cute and goddamn adorable?

"No, it's okay." he said despite himself. "I'm surprised we have most of our classes together."

"Sorry." she mumbled. "I'll ask the teacher to pair me with someone else."

Levi liked that offer. He cumulatively looked around the class. Only Mathew and the playboy Greg were left. They'd probably be paired together, but if Vicky asked for a change, no doubt Gregory would jump at the chance and ...

"No." he said finitely ending the discussion. "We will work together."

Vicky looked surprised, but nodded anyway.

"So I need you teams to fulfill a few tasks this month." said the teacher, twirling his mustache.

"That's Old Javier." said Levi under his breath. "He's been growing that for fifteen years."

"Wow." said Vicky impressed by the dedication.

"We will be immersing ourselves in Spanish culture. You must do the following." said Old Javier as he handed every team a piece of paper.

Vicky stared at the printed words in front of her. It was a dream come true!

Levi's eyes darted across the sheet, more and more horrified with each word.

Pairs must:

1. Watch any two Spanish movies and enact your favourite scene to the class at the end of the month.

2. Learn to cook any two Spanish foods of your choice and present it at the Spanish club celebration at the end of the month.

3. Go through "Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez and present a book report.

To put it simply, Levi was screwed.

A/N: I love playing cupid!

Thanks for reading!

Sorry for ghosting on you guys this week. I've been sick and didn't get a chance to update. I'm all better now, so the rest was worth it :)

Did I say I love your votes and comments? Thank you for all your support!

Lots of love,

Andy