Getting Away

Ashton's POV

I woke up slightly groggy, momentarily forgetting we had all fallen asleep in the living room. I got up stretching as I noticed my parents bringing their stuff out to the car. I threw on my shoes to help them, so they wouldn't be late. After our goodbyes, they left, and I went back in to make something for breakfast. I made scrambled eggs, bacon, and French toast. I couldn't help but laugh when the smells seemed to wake the other guys up. One by one they made their way out, grabbing coffee and waiting until the food finished cooking before grabbing their plates and going to the table.

It was already nine-thirty and Louis had texted me the night before to let me know to be ready by one. Between traffic and anything else we could make it back by about four. After breakfast I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, and brushed my hair. When I finished with that, I finished packing my last few things and put my bag by the door, so it was easier to grab.

"It still sucks you're leaving Ash." Luke said when I came back.

"Sorry Luke, I just need to get away for a little while, and I haven't seen Louis and Harry in forever." I answered, hugging him and realizing how much I would miss him.

"I know, we'll have to make plans when you get back though." He said smiling. That made me feel even worse.

"About that, I might not be back until school starts back up." I replied, biting my lip.

"What do you mean?" Mikey asked, and now I felt even worse because he sounded disappointed.

"I'm not sure how long I'm staying yet, it might be all summer." I answered, trying not to show how guilty I was starting to feel.

"Shitty, if that's the case we'll make plans for that weekend or something." Calum added, I smiled at him in appreciation.

"Well, what do you guys say we go hang out in the backyard, we've still got a couple hours before I leave." I said after checking the time and seeing it was nearing eleven. After everyone agreed we headed out to the back yard, deciding to play soccer.

We had teamed up Luke and Mikey against Cal and I. Cal and I were doing well until Luke distracted Cal while they were both on the field, and I wasn't the best at blocking goals. Mikey decided after the third time of them stopping to flirt, it was time to switch positions. I immediately got nervous, realizing that this meant Mikey and I would be the people on the field. I thought I would become distracted like Calum had, but managed to do alright.

Everything was going well until I did get distracted, by a motorcycle that was pulling up the driveway and didn't notice Michael coming right for me. We fell over, him on top of me and me staring blankly up at him for a minute before he got up and helped me up. I looked down, hoping to hide the blush on my face.

I decided to stop our game to go see who it was, the others following me. "That is a nice bike." Michael said as it came in view. By this time the rider had taken off his helmet and was smiling at me as he got off his motorcycle.

"Oh my god, Zaynie!" I screamed as I ran over, almost jumping on him to hug him "I missed you so much." I said, smiling as he hugged me back. I could feel him looking at the others as he held onto me.

"Who the hell is that?" Mikey asked Luke, his tone showing just how interested he was. I should have expected it though, everyone was interested in Zayn.

"I don't know, but I'm about to find out." Luke answered, sounding put out as he walked over to us and I finally decided to let Zayn go. "You gonna introduce us Ash? Thought you were going over to Louis'."