We Don't Fight Fair

Ashton's POV

Pete and I walked out of the class and towards the cafeteria when we saw Patrick talking with a cute guy. "Hey Patrick." Pete called out, getting a small smile and wave from Patrick before he returned to his previous conversation without saying anything. Pete hated being ignored, so in his own typical fashion, he walked over and picked up Patrick before walking to the cafeteria. The guy was watching them walk away, both of them laughing, with a confused look on his face. I smiled at him when he finally turned away and gave him a small wave, that had him walking over.

"Hi, I'm Zack." He said once he had reached me, and now that he was closer I could see a hint of muscles under his shirt.

"Ashton, but most of my friends call me Ash." I replied starting to walk towards the cafeteria.

"So, those two seem close." He said as we walked, and I could hear a hint of something in his tone.

"He's like that with most of his friends, but yeah, Patrick and Pete are pretty close." I answered with a smile. "Do you wanna sit with my friends and I?" I asked as we got to the cafeteria.

"Well I kind of had plans to sit with Patrick." He said, looking down, and I started laughing.

"That's the same table." I said once I calmed my laughing. "Come on." I led him over to the table where Pete had Patrick in his lap and was making him laugh. "Hey everyone, this is Zack." I said, getting everyone's attention, including Patrick who looked a little guilty.

"Hey Zack, sorry someone interrupted our conversation." Patrick said smiling. "Come sit by me. Come on Pete, let me go." He added, trying to squirm out of Pete's hold, who only laughed.

"No can do." Pete said, kissing Patrick's cheek. Zack got the look of confusion on his face again before sitting between Pete and myself.

"So, how long have they been dating?" Zack asked, making everyone laugh.

"I'm not dating Pete, silly, I'm dating you." Patrick said, before anyone else could say anything, shocking everyone and making Pete tense up. "Ah, Pete, stop. Let go, you're hurting me." I saw Pete's arms loosen, but they looked tense.

"Why didn't you tell me you were dating someone?" Pete asked after a minute, sounding hurt.

"I only asked him out today." Zack answered, sending a smile to Patrick who quickly returned it.

"I wasn't talking to you." Pete snapped, sounding pissed.

"Pete, be nice." Patrick said, slapping Pete's arm. "He was just answering your question."

"And I was only telling him that I wasn't talking to him." Pete said, full of attitude. "Never mind, fuck this." He added, moving Patrick out of his lap and getting up.

"Pete, come on, please don't be like this." Patrick pleaded, grabbing Pete's arm.

"Mikey, you coming?" Pete asked, ignoring Patrick and pulling his arm away. Mikey and I looked at each other before Mikey shrugged.

"See you guys later." Mikey said getting up and going with Pete. Patrick watched them both leave, looking like he wanted to go after them until Zack slid his arm around his waist.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cause any problems." Zack told him, kissing his shoulder.

"No, it's probably my fault, I should have told him first. I know how he gets." Patrick said. Deciding to let them have their privacy, I turned to Ryan, seeing he looked less confused than I felt, but still slightly confused.