High Hopes

Ashton's POV

The rest of lunch was uneventful. Mikey had his face in his phone texting someone, and everyone else was just chatting. When lunch was over, Ryan walked with me as far as he could before we had to separate. He gave me a kiss on the cheek, promising to meet me so we could walk to art class together. Dallon had told us he had to stop by his locker and would meet up with us in class. Once we were out of everyone else's view, Mikey pulled me aside. "We're not going to class." Mikey said, making me look up at him confused.

"What are you talking about? We're literally on our way there now." I answered, getting ready to walk again.

"Yeah, no. We're skipping." He answered me and took my arm, leading me through the halls while keeping an eye out for teachers. "I was texting Gee during lunch, I told him what happened. He should be just about here by now."

"Why are we skipping class to meet your brother?" I asked, no less confused but still allowing him to lead me.

"Because you had a shit time, we're gonna help you forget about it for a while." I was still confused, but the prospect of being able to forget about everything happening with Michael sounded perfect. When we finally reached the doors, we saw Gerard's car sitting in the parking lot ready for us. Once we were both in the car, Gerard drove, only stopping once we hit a secluded spot about ten minutes away. When we had parked, we got out and I let them lead me where they wanted to go, and we all sat down.

"So, what's your poison?" Gerard asked as he went through the bag he had pulled from over his shoulder. I looked at Mikey confused for a second, hoping for an explanation.

"We got a bit of everything." Mikey answered. "Except maybe e." He said looking at Gerard who nodded before they both turned to me, apparently seeing my blank look.

"You've never used before, have you?" Gerard asked me before turning to Mikey. "What the hell Mikey, could have warned me." Mikey shrugged.

"I didn't know, didn't really think to ask; we know how to get him set though." Mikey said before turning to me, motioning for me to sit between his legs. "Come over here, I'll help you through it. Let's start with the needle, Gee." Gerard pulled some things out as I moved over to lean against Mikey's chest. "Okay, let me see your arm." He told me, and I handed him my arm. I watched him work as he bound something around my arm and rubbed the inside of my elbow.

"It's ready, gave him only about a half dose since it's his first time." Gerard said as he held out a needle to Mikey. Mikey smiled at me and held out my arm, taking the needle from Gerard who had already prepped it.

"Ready?" Mikey asked, and I nodded. I felt the needle prick my arm before a feeling of warmth started taking over. I closed my eyes and leaned against Mikey as I let it start taking over. After what only felt like a few minutes, I was starting to feel better. Mikey spoke up, snapping me out of the trance I had fallen into.

"Ready to try a little something else?" He asked. I opened my eyes looking up at him, before he motioned to Gerard. I noticed he was holding out a piece of glass with two lines of white powder on it and a straw. I nodded with a small smile, uncertain of what to do. "Okay, it's easy, I'll go first, then you." He said taking the straw and glass from Gerard, inhaling one of the lines through his nose. When he had finished he wrapped his arms around me so that he could hold the glass as I followed his example. After an initial slight burn I felt my head start rushing a bit and leaned my head back against Mikey, closing my eyes. I felt amazing, like nothing could bother me in this moment. I vaguely heard Mikey and Gerard talking, only being able to focus on the feeling of Mikey's fingers tracing shapes on my arms.