41

Adora

I scrubbed my face generously as I stood underneath the shower head, the hot water a relieving feeling on my worn out body.

I'd come to the conclusion- I'd never had so much sex in my life.

Santiago and I had had enough sex for five days in one night, and we were probably the only people that could do such a thing.

After round four, we'd both agreed that we were beat. We went to sleep, and I haven't slept so good in my entire life, either.

Win win, kind of deal.

I turned off the shower water and wiped my eyes, opening the sliding door. I grabbed my towel and immediately wiped my eyes, throwing my hair into the towel. I wrapped my robe around my body, wiping the steam off of the mirror.

I brushed my teeth religiously, and that was exactly what I needed to do.

I yawned and turned off the bathroom light, stopping in the doorway at the sight of the made bed, rose petals all over the bedspread. I grinned and walked over to the bed, looking down at the note in the middle of the rose petals.

Buenos dias, preciosa

I grinned and grabbed the tiny piece of paper, sliding it in the pocket of my robe. I couldn't help my smile as I walked over to the closet, slipping my robe off of my shoulders. I made sure to keep the note safe and sound in the pocket of it, grabbing an underwear set and a comfortable satin nightgown. I slipped a white, chunky cardigan on over it and walked back into the bathroom to do my hair.

I pulled it out of the towel and it fell past my shoulders. I bit down on my bottom lip as thoughts of last night coursed through my mind.

I quickly rid myself of such thoughts, combing out my wet hair. I let it air-dry since I didn't have any plans for today.

I turned off the bathroom light again and walked downstairs, leaning against a column at the base of the staircase as soon as I saw Santiago at the table.

He looked focused, like he was already aggravated at the early hour of nine A.M.

"Early morning?"

He smiled, never making eye contact with me.

I pushed myself off of the column and walked over to him, cautiously placing my hands on his shoulders. I leaned down and rested my chin in the valley of his neck, but my brows went into a deep furrow at the sight of the papers in front of him.

"What are you looking for?" I asked, standing up straight.

He looked over his shoulder at me. "I'm looking for a new assistant."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me into his lap, my eyebrows still in a deep furrow.

"Yeah," he said, nodding, "Catherine and I had a bit of a falling out, if you will."

I wrapped my arms around his neck. "What happened?"

He sighed and flexed his jaw muscle, his eyebrows in a deep furrow. "It's just a lot."

"Well," I said, "I'm sorry."

I lied.

He smiled. "No, you're not."

I laughed, pressing a kiss to his lips. "She's really pretty, and who doesn't want Santiago King?"

He sighed and looked up at me, his hand against my neck, his thumb stroking my cheek. "But I only want you, so that doesn't matter."

I smiled and nestled my face in the crook of his neck.

"Sore yet?" He asked.

"God," I groaned out, "you have no clue. I think my pelvis might be shattered."

"Shit, are you serious?"

I laughed and shook my head. "No. I'm just really feeling it."

"Well," he said, "hey, I said I'd make up for the lost time."

"No kidding."

~*~

Santiago

I heard a loud knock on my doors and I stood up, rubbing my tired eyes. I walked over to the doors and opened them.

"Not available right now," I said, but froze when I saw Catherine standing in front of me.

"I blew it out of the water."

I sighed and looked down. "Cath, please go away."

"Santiago," she said, stopping the door with her hand, "I'm trying to explain."

"You have two minutes, your time starts now," I said.

"I was blowing off steam. I know I blew it out of proportion, I totally understand that, and-"

"What exactly are you trying to get to?" I asked, furrowed brows.

"I'm just trying to explain myself to you."

I sighed and folded my arms over my chest.

"I'm sorry," she apologized, shaking her head, "I just, I guess I thought we were more than a fling."

I flexed my jaw muscle. "I'm sorry for making you feel like we were."

She smiled a weak smile. "I'm not asking you to give me my job back, I'm just explaining myself."

"Well thank you, Catherine," I said, "I hope you find something to make you happy."

"Same for you," she said, her hand on my bicep, "I hope everything works out for you and your girlfriend."

"Thank you," I said, furrowing my brows together at her hand on my arm. I pulled away and shot her a smile.

"I won't sue you, by the way," she said, "who ever won a battle with Santiago King himself?"

I just smiled an uncomfortable smile. "Take care of yourself, Cath."

She smiled and I closed my doors, letting out a loud sigh as I looked up at the ceiling.

I walked over to my chair and plopped down in it, rubbing my eyes.

I picked up my phone and turned it on, seeing a few messages from Adora.

[From: Adora]
Photo Attachment: 3
Thank you for the new outfits 😘

I scrolled through the pictures she sent, a smile on my face. I leaned back in my chair and pulled my phone up to my ear as soon as I dialed her number.

"Hello?" She greeted, and I could hear the smile on her face.

"Hey, baby," I said, smiling as I traced circles on my desktop.

"Hi," she sang. I could hear her shuffling around in bed. "Did you like the pictures I sent you?"

"Fuck, yes," I said, "you look amazing. How did I get so lucky?"

She giggled. "Stop, you're making me blush."

"Your skin does blush very easily," I said, leaning forward in my chair, "like, your cheeks, your ass, you know."

She just giggled a nervous giggle. "Can't people hear you?"

I sighed, looking up at the ceiling. "Probably. But I don't really care, people could hear us yesterday."

"That was fun," she said, and I could hear her smile yet again.

"It was," I said, nodding, "I can't wait to come home and do it again."

She hesitated for a second. "Baby, I'm really sore. We might have to wait a night."

"So me eating you out is going to make you sore again?" I asked.

"Santiago," she breathed out, and I could hear her uneven breaths, "you can't say things like that."

I chuckled. "You haven't heard half of my vocabulary, I can tell you that much."

She chuckled. "Just come home."

"I'm on my way."

~*~

Adora

I casually stumbled inside the restaurant, a smile on my face as soon as I saw Landon.

"Hi, love!" He greeted, wrapping his arms around my neck.

"Hi!"

"Why are you limping?"

I pulled away from Landon as soon as I heard a familiar voice that I was less than interested in hearing, looking down at Brenna sitting at the table.

My lips parted. I wasn't sure how to respond to her.

"It doesn't matter," Landon said, his hands on my shoulders. He pushed me down into a chair and I just sat there, still unaware of how to react.

She just smiled a tight smile and grabbed her napkin. "Nice seeing you, too."

I flexed my jaw muscle and cleared my throat, looking over at Landon.

"I thought this was a me and you thing?" Brenna said, making me look over at her with furrowed brows.

"I told both of you that it was just a me and you thing. Surprise! I tricked you!"

He laughed and Brenna and I failed to join him, his laugh dying down as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Seriously, guys," he said, "remember when we were three peas in a pod?"

"Pretty sure the expression is two peas in a pod," she mumbled.

I tried my hardest to not roll my eyes.

"And I'm pretty sure that you two were exactly that," Landon said, "remember? Went to London together, went to college, don't you remember?"

"I also remember the two of us being in relationships with two people that genuinely cared about us," she said, "I remember that. Does that ever graze your thoughts, Adds?"

I pursed my lips together. "My bad for investing in myself."

"Investing in yourself?" She let out a hysterical laugh. "Okay, Adds."

"What the hell do you have against him?" I asked, my impatience about to take over me completely.

"I don't have anything against him," she said, shaking her head over at me, "I have something against you being with him."

"Why the hell do you care so much!" I yelled, slamming my silverware down on the table.

I had everyone's attention now, my anger not having any mercy on anyone.

"Because of that, Adora. He's changing you. He changed you when you were eighteen, he's changing you now."

"Oh my God," I groaned out, "you know what, he is. And thank God he is. He's changing me and teaching me to not be a doormat. He's changing me and making me sure of my worth. And that's the thing, change is a part of life, Brenna."

"It is?" She asked, "tell me why I haven't had such an epiphany. Enlighten me, if you will, darling."

"You've been the same person since you were twelve!" I yelled, "you don't change! God help Zayn, because if I was him, I'd be doing whatever the hell I could to change you."

"You are so brainwashed!" She yelled, "listen to yourself! Look at yourself! All because of a cocky, rich businessman! I bet you're loving the attention you've been getting. I guess I was wrong five years ago, you know? I guess his type is a babysitter who's only relied on her men to provide for her. Maybe his standards aren't as high as he wants them to be."

I laughed, shaking my head. "God, shut the hell up, Brenna. What do you do, other than rely on Zayn to bring in money? Oh, wait, you don't do anything else!"

"That's really rich coming from you. You haven't had a job since you were eighteen, Adora. And that wasn't even considered a job since you were constantly fucking your boss, huh?"

I grabbed my bag and my coat. "You're not ruining it for me-"

"Adds, come on," Landon said, shaking his head, "d-"

"No!" I yelled, "I am not going to stand here and spit fire back and forth! She is not ruining this for me!" I yelled, tears pricking at my eyes.

"You're ruining yourself, Adora," she said, "remember that. No one is doing it for you."

"Shut up!" Landon yelled before I could say anything back to her, "shut up!"

We both looked over at him and he sighed, eyebrows furrowed together. "I tried to get you two to not act like five year olds. I guess that's a lost cause."

"Guess it is-" Brenna began, but Landon cut her off.

"No, shut up," he said, "you two are acting younger than you were when you were eighteen. You're twenty three! Grow the hell up! Let each other live your lives, goddamnit!"

Brenna and I had no clue what to say to him, so we just sat and watched as he stood up and gathered his things.

"You know," he said, chuckling as he shrugged into his coat, "it's unbelievable what a little bit of jealousy and a little bit of attention can do to people."

And Brenna and I watched as Landon walked away.

~*~

HI GUYS ❤️❤️

honestly.... this chapter just had me shook like idek what else to say.

Tell me your thoughts!!! On nothing specific, just this chapter in general like wtf

and alSO on the topic of wtf, WTF WE ONLY HAVE 8 CHAPTERS LEFT WHAT

so brace urselves for the drama y'all know is ab to happen.

ALSO. how r y'all feeling about Catherine? do u feel like her apology was sincere or no

ok. I love u guys <3