ODOB (ch. 11)

Round-off, back hand spring, up back turn, whip. I close my eyes and I feel my ankle do something wierd. I finish my routine and look up at the score board.

10 outta freakin 10. I have freakin 30 points right now. I get up and then fall to the floor again. I try to get up one more time and then i fall again.

I take off my ankle brace on the floor and its all black and blue.

"RACH! OH MY GOSH! RACH!" screams kenzie. my vision starts going blurry cuz of tears. I cant have a broken ankle. no. no. no. I lay down on the floor.

The EMTs come over and carry me off of the floor. They check it and say its not broken, but sometings wrong. They bring me to the first aid center to see whats

wrong. It turns out I have 3 torn tendons. Nothing bad, i think. They give me crutches. They give me an even heavier dutyier ankle brace. They say to wear it

when its day time and to elevate and ice at night. I can still practice but I have to take it easy for a couple of weeks.

"Ok, here are your-" he is cut of by someone screaming at the top of their lungs. Carried in by Liam is Dana. She is crying really hard and her knee looks

really, really bad. The doctor runs over to her and asks what happened.

"She was on bars when she was transitioning, her foot hit the bar and she came down from the top bar and landed on her knee." says Liam, with tears

coming down his cheeks almost as much as Dana. He takes X-rays and it turns out her knee cap is shatered.

"What does that mean?!?!" ask Dana, starting to calm down from pain killers.

The doctors looks at her in concern. "It means that you will have to get surgery, and it takes almost a full year to recover from something like this. I'm sorry

Dana, but you won't be going to the Olympics." My mouth drops. No, no, no, fucking no.

"w-w-what? But, but, I have to too!" says Dana, starting to bawl again. I start crying myself, wondering what it feels like to have what yourve worked for

all your life to just be thrown away. I get up and hop over to her. I get in her bed with her and whisper in her ear "I Promise, I will make sure you go to the

olympics." she hugs me, so tight that I can hardly breath.

"Really?" she says to me. I search through my mind and remember that my Uncle Will is a surgon. I can call him and maybe he can help, FOR FREE:D!

(I am like crying while writing this becuz I used to be a dancer and I broke my foot and I will never be able to dance again. It it the worst feeling that I've

ever had. I felt like I was being stepped on by a fat person. I even had a scolarship to Juliard, A big dancing school In New York, But the accident happened)

"Of corse I will, Your my best friend and yourve helped me alot throughtout my gymnastics life, and now i help you. I Love you Dana, and I would do anything for

you."

"So would I!" Say Liam kissing Dana. Niall then walks in and says "Thank the fucking lord I found you!" He says running over to me. He hands me a nacho. His last

nacho. Liam is looking at the nacho with his mouth wide open.

"What?" I say, laughing.

"He gave you his last nacho!" says liam.

"Um, okay?" i laugh.

"He only gives his food to people that her really loves!" I look at Niall and he is blushing. I give him a kiss.

"AW, Nialler I love you too!"

~~~~~

"Hello, Dr. William Grasher's office, please hold" says karen, My uncles assitant.

"No, I wont hold Karen, Its me, Rachel."

"Oh, Hello rachel! Long time no talk! Hows London?" she asks.

"Its great here, um, listen, You know my friend Dana, Right?"

"Oh yes, the pretty blonde."

"Yes well, she is here in LOndon with me for the Olympics, and she just broke her knee, and she needs sugery, on her knee."

Karen is silent for a moment. "Oh, um, I dont know sweety. Uh, I'll go ask Will what he thinks." she puts me on hold..

several minuets later, She says "Hey Rach, he said he would be happy to do the surgery, but its going to cost $20,000....."

My mouth drops. Hes my freakin uncle! Why is he not giving me a discount!?! "Is that with the discount?" I ask

"Yes." so there is already a discount.....hmmm.

"Ok thanks karen. I will get back to you a.s.a.p."

"Ok! talk to you later honey!" she hangs up as i do too.

"Well?" says Liam. I look up at him.

"He says he'll do it...." I say

"YES!" he says happily, but then says "Theres a catch, isn't there.."

I nod. "20 thousand, freaking dollars. and thats with the discount." I say angrily.

Liam pulls out a check book and says "I got 5,000."

Niall pulls out his wallet. "5,000 here as well." I smile at him and kiss his cheek.

Harry, zayn, and Louis pull out their phones and Harry says "Us three have 6,000 together."

I start to go into my wallet and pull out $500. shit. everyone has more money than me.

"I only have $500. sorry..." i put it on the bed along with all the other offers.

Valery pulls $500 out, courtney makes a check for $2,000 and Megan outs in $1,000.

"You guys are the best!" says Dana.

"I'll call my uncle." I say.

I walk out of the room and dial in my uncles #. I tell karen the answer. I walk back into the room.

"He will be here tommarow!" I say excitedly.

~~~~~

WE are all eating Nandos about an hour and a half before Dana goes in for surgery. She is really scared. She has been shaking really badly and shes worried she

won't be able to compete in the olympics.

"Dana! Calm the fuck down! My uncle did my surgery and I was up and doing gymnastics within 3 weeks!" I say.

"I know, but what if it hurts or goes wrong and i am a cripple for the rest of my life!"

"Knock on wood. dont freakin jinks yourself." she knocks on the wooden desk besides her. A nurse walks into the room.

"Dana, we are ready to bring you to get ready." Dana starts shaking really hard. the nurse walks over and starts pushing her bed out of the room.

"WAIT!" Liam screams. the nurse stops pushing and liams runs/walks over.

"I love you!" He says, planting a kiss on her lips.

"I love you too!" she says. the nurse continues pushing her out of the room.

~~~~~

* Dana's P.O.V.*

The nurse pushes me for the next 5 mins. before we acually get to the room. she goes over to the sink and washes her hands. she then comes over to me with a

cleaning pad thingy and cleans my wrist. she then says "You are going to feel a little pinch." she shoves something into my arm.

"OW!" i say. she laughs.

"this is no laughing matter!" I say. she just rolls her eyes. A doctor soon walk in.

"Hello Dana! I am Dr. Grasher! I will be doing your surgery." he goes over to the sink to wash his hands. The nurse is putting tools down on a desk.

She puts something over my mouth and nose now. "This is just going to put you to sleep, hun" she says softly. My eyes start shutting.