chapter three

this story is becoming known and it makes me so happy.

ngl, I don't actually have a plotline except for a few details, so this story might not make sense sometimes

sorry for the late update btw, im currently on a vacation with like 7 friends c:

······································

With the failed mission still in the back of the AI's mind, all three people were silent in the car. Outside, the darkness crept up to the vehicle, and the moon glittered in the empty sky. The scene was tense, aside from the metal music pounding through the speakers. Connor used his audio recognition and identified the artist.

"Knights of The Black Death," he muttered, eyes glued to the glove box. Hank raised an eyebrow and turned away from the road, giving his passenger a strange look.

"You know 'em?" He asked, mildly intrigued. Connor faced the lieutenant, head tilted. Y/N leaned in between the two, engaged in a conversation regarding an android's supposed interests.

"I don't listen to music, but... I'd like to," Connor's voice was optimistic.

"We're not supposed to have interests," Y/N suddenly announced. "We do not have likes nor dislikes. We have no emotions, we show no bias. Androids are built to serve humans."

"What's your problem, Y/N? Stick up your ass?" Hank called back, eyes back onto the path. Without moving or changing expression, she replied.

"Why would I have a stick in my rectal cavity? That's sounds quite odd. My model does not even possess one for the possibility to even be likely."

The ride continued in awkward silence.

···································

"So, do you guys just... Go back home? Y'know, back to CyberLife?" Hank was readying his house key into the lock.

"We have no defined idle station. We don't need charge nor sleep and the most we are capable of is temporarily settling in a sleep-like mode," Connor explained. The older man faltered for a moment, his key momentarily stuck into the lock.

"The hell do you want me to do about that? Go find a tree to stand under or something. I don't want fuckin' androids filling up my home," Hank suddenly snapped. He walked into his house without further hesitation. A dog's barking was muffled between the walls and the outdoors. Both Connor and Y/N were still, debating to obey the orders. After coming to a conclusion it would be best to listen, the duo found a depressing tree drooping near the ground, half of the roots coming through the surface and the other half separated from the ground entirely.

Y/N was the first to approach the cover and stood idly, eyes empty and expression blank. Connor followed and the two could feel their systems cool down.