chapter eleven

see? told you im still alive!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time itself found no purpose. Especially in the situation of androids, where their only mortality resides in how long it will take for their physical body to decompose.

Decompose, or be mutilated.

Indigo could not count how much thirium she had lost. It was as if she was clean of fluids, her inner workings grinding against each other with no cushion. Slices creeped up her thighs and her professional white coat was doused in the ultramarine liquid. The artificial injuries had been the effect of another android.

Connor stood above the bathtub, unnecessarily panting. His cold hands gripped the blade, smeared with blood among other unidentifiable bodily fluids. He had not cared what came out of her, as long as it was painful and life threatening. It had been hours, with Connor coming into the room with a sinister smile and leaving with an equally malicious grin, the only difference had been how clean he was prior to his visits. Hank had not stopped him but rather encouraged the violent outbursts. Regardless of species, he believed Connor had the right to be angry.

"I.. am going to ask you one more time..." Connor huffed, standing up straight. He flicked the blade directly at Indigo, to which it had found a comfortable place in her calf. She let out a piercing scream.

"Keep it down, son," Hank called from the distance. "Don't want anyone to think something's off."

"Where is Y/N?"

"I do not know of her whereabouts, RK800," she said through gritted teeth. "If you just... got me a new communications chip, that shows me the location of the other R-series androids in the vicinity."

"You've been holding this information back this entire fucking time?" Connor spat, leaning dangerously close to her unmoving face. "Tell me all of the purposes of your communication chip."

"Tracking androids of my series, communicating between programmed partners, online deliveries, being tracked by outside forces with the proper access," she monotonously listed.

"And communicating with the DPD, I get it."

"I didn't say that, RK800."

He froze.

She continued.

"If you're referring to my emergency occupational chip, that's in the back of my head."

The door pounded.

"But... I suppose telling you that now serves no benefit. It seems our time here is done." She suddenly arose, adjusting her stained jacket and pulling out the knife with a pop and minimal struggle. It was as if every inch of pain in her body was lifted like a cotton blanket. "Have a good evening, Connor."

Had she faked her pain to gain his location?

Even from the bathroom, the two could still hear the door hinges give in, the barking of a dog, and the screaming of an alcoholic middle aged man.

"WE KNOW YOU'RE HERE WITH THE RJ900, DEVIANT!"

"WE—" Indigo's mouth was forcefully shut, Connor's bloody hand placed over it. He grabbed her by the back of her collar and dragged her into Lieutenant'a bedroom, prying open a window with one hand. With the other, he took the knife removed from her leg and placed it into the back of her head, deep enough to terminate the emergency chip but not enough to kill her. He forced her body through the window, throwing himself out at well.

"We're going somewhere nobody can find us, chip or not," he whispered. "You're going to lead me to Y/N, then I leave your body in a ditch miles from here."