chapter four

100 views! on the day of the dechart-blaire wedding! pop open the champagne!! thank you so much everybody!

····································

"Well I'll be damned," Hank muttered to himself. Once witnessing the clothing arrangement between his two androids, he began to debate the existence of emotions in artificial beings. His chest dropped for only a moment as he took into consideration that that leads to deviancy, and they were programmed to hunt such. His empathy and fears were shut down once he remembered the fact that they are metal and blue blood, robots who contain no soul.

Y/N and Connor sprung to life, scanning their areas and recalling their circumstance. Connor turned towards his partner, curious if her temperature was stable. With a quick analysis, he took note of her information and tapped her shoulder. Her eyes animated and she noticed her own arms wrapped deeply in both jackets. She reluctantly removed her cover and handed it back to him since it was no longer needed.

"I noticed you were not present with Amanda and I," Connor pointed out. "Is there a reason as to why you avoided it?" She looked down. The yellow on her right temple swirled, lost in thought. A husky voice interrupted the interaction.

"I need to get you two back to the station

"I need to get you two back to the station. I don't know what the hell to do with y'all," Lieutenant Anderson explained. Both models nodded and approached the car, patiently waiting for their human to unlock it.

Once they arrived at the Detroit Police Station, the sounds of bustling officers, ringtones, and tapping of the keyboards filled the real and artificial ears of the trio.

"Lieutenant Hank Anderson, in my office! Now!"

Connor and Y/N attempted to locate the source of the disruption, but the effort was found unnecessary when Hank took off towards a large room walled with glass. A burly man shouted at Hank, pointing fingers and slamming down papers. Anderson did not seem to hesitate at talking back to his boss, as he was seen reciprocating the perceived anger.

"They're discussing your failure," Connor observed. "I think his superior blames him for your own malfunction." His partner kept her mouth shut, as silence was considered her best possible answer.

Suddenly, a scruff man swaggered his way to the androids. His expression was smug.

"What's a hot piece of ass like you hanging out with a plastic prick like that?" He gestured towards Y/N, then to Connor. Because he approached from their left side, this man had not noticed their LEDs. He reached out and felt her hand. "Bryan Gibson, lead officer."

Y/N saw through his lie and scanned his face.

"Your name is Gavin Reed, and you are a detective at the Detroit Police Department. Birth date is October 7th, 2002. You're 5"9 and weigh--"

"How the fuck do you know all that?" Gavin shot. His face was red and he tugged at his rugged leather jacket. His eyes wandered onto their matching outerwear.