Chapter 9: Mission

The team prepared themselves and entered the bio ship.

Batman got an emergency call from Officer Gordon saying that several bombs defused in Gotham and Black Canary had to patrol Star City (since Green Arrow was off world) with the help of one of Robin's hacker friends.

Hackers know hackers!

However this meant that the team was on their own. Against a deadly organization. Yay, what could possibly go wrong? Everything?

The bio ship landed in Blüdhaven.

The team got ready and dropped off the ship about hundred feet in front of a stadium, the meeting point.

'Mind link active', Miss Martian informed them.

'Team, this is a observation mission. Full stealth and don't draw attention!', Aqualad repeated almost knowing that they won't listen anyway.

Surprisingly, the team once agreed with the mission and activated their stealth uniforms.

'Let's Go', Kid Flash said in his mind, 'Wait. Where's Robin?'

The young bat was already gone, disappeared into shadows.

'Come on, guys!', they heard Robin complaining.

Soon the team split up into teams. Kid Flash was unfortunately with Artemis while Miss Martian and Superboy were the other. Since Robin was gone Aqualad decided to go alone.

Slowly each team entered the stadium through one of the four entries.

Team "Speedoarcher", as Kid Flash calls them took the north entrance while team "LoveBirdAliens", as I personally call them, entered through the south entrance.

Team "Lonely Saltwater", hoped that team "Badass Bat Bird" took the other entrance on the east side while he took the west one.

What nobody knew is that Robin decided not to use any entrance, since they all were too risky, and climbed the stadium's walls up instead.

He stopped when he felt a minimal vibration going through the material of the building. It was coming from up there. This meant somebody was busy guarding at the top...

———————————————

Kid Flash and Artemis entered the completely dark entrance room before passing through the ticket stops and entering the hallways.

'I've got a bad feeling about this', Artemis told Kid Flash rising her loaded bow and aiming with it through the dark.

Suddenly there was a loud growl. The archer shuddered. What was that?!

'Sorry', Kid Flash called, 'I haven't eaten in hours'

'Wally...', Artemis sighed looking at him, 'If we both die on this mission, I just want you to know...', she started.

'Yeees...?', the speedster waited excited for her confession.

'I hope they'll kill me first, so I don't have to listen anymore to your whiny little a...'

'Language!', she heard four of her team members through the mind link.

'Don't you have something better to do?!', she asked them sassily.

This earned her two innocent whistles through the mind link. How was this even possible?!

Suddenly something moved. A shadow. It went towards the changing rooms.

'Did you see that?!', she said already running.

'What?'

'Come on, Kid mouth!'