Chapter 18: Chat

Flash(back)

Luckily for Robin, Barry was pretty tolerant (in more than just one way if you know what I mean).

But Dick was just more surprised when the speedster started talking with him. They just started talking.

First about not so important topics ignoring the assassins ones. Like school and movies. But it just had to come this way sooner or later.

"What was it like back then?", Flash asked quickly adding a, "If you don't mind talking about this"

"Well, where should I start", Robin said with faked calmness, "Before you got used to it it was like the hell on earth. Standing up at four am, bizarre training sessions and always an atmosphere like there was a cultist ritual going on. By the way, Ra's could just do anything he wanted without consequences", he told Barry while the speedster's eyes just kept getting bigger and bigger.

"And when you get used to it?", he asked not knowing how you can do that.

"Simply. Since you aren't afraid of dying anymore, you kinda aren't afraid of anything anymore", he told the fastest man alive, "You just train, get to missions, eliminating targets and some day you finally die on a mission or by Ra's hands"

"Are...", Barry stopped and almost couldn't even finish the question, "Are you afraid of...?"

"Dying?", Rob finished nonchalantly.

He got a small nod from the speedster and just shrugged.

Flash couldn't believe what he just saw. The young teen was asked if he feared death and he just shrugged.

"I don't know", Robin confessed, "There are so many things worse than death. Sometimes death is even a privilege"

"How could you live with that?", Barry asked shocked, "With this assassin's way of life?"

"I didn't", Dick told him, "Some day, I realized that Ra's is a selfish hypocritical jerk and ran off. Since my life still belongs to him, he wants me back"

"Dick", Barry told him sternly, "Your life belongs to nobody but yourself!"

Said one just shrugged, "We'll see..."

Barry ignored the comment and kept asking him questions.

"So... Are you afraid of dying after all?"

Robin just shrugged his shoulders, "I guess not..."

"And... Are you like them? A killer?"

Robin's look hardened into a glare and he tensed.

"Yes... I'm a killer... but I'm not like them... not anymore...", the young boy told him 

"What do you mean with that?"

"I've killed before. But I don't do it now. But god help me if anyone is trying to hurt the people I love", Robin replied honestly and determined.

Flash was kinda relieved and intimidated at the same time but the words 'people I love' just forced him to ask the bird his last question.

"About Wally...", he started uncomfortably.

"What about him?", Robin asked quickly, "He is still angry at me, isn't he?"

"You like him, don't you"

Robin seemed to get the hint but just frowned and played dumb.

"Of course I like him", he told the speedster, "He's my best friend and we've known each other since forever and..."

"Not in this way", Barry said to the boy.

"..."

"..."

"Okay, yes! I like him! Geez and I thought Black Canary's sessions are painfully annoying. You happy now?!", he snapped at him blushing heavily.

Barry stared at the little boy in shock before he started to cheer, "You have to tell him! You just have to tell him! Can I record it?"

"Yeah right", Robin said mockingly,

"Like: Hey, Wally, my best friend forever. I gotta tell you that I'm not just a little lying and killing piece of crap, NO, I'm a little lying and killing piece of crap that loves you with all of my evil assassin's heart"

This earned him a pretty creeped out look by the Flash.

"Um... sorry?"

"Well... Sooner or later, you have to tell him...", he told Robin.

"I prefer later over sooner", Dick told him and sighed, "Look, there's a lot of stuff going on in my life right now... I'll tell him... just... just not right now..."

Barry nodded understanding.

"Aren't you... y'know...", Robin started nervously.

"What?", Barry asked confused.

"I thought you wouldn't appreciate me liking your nephew...", Robin finally said, "Because I'm a boy and all assassin-ish..."

"Of course not!", Barry examined suddenly even more excited, "I just remembered Iris now owes me 20 bucks!"

"What?! You had a bet?! Since when did you know?!", Robin asked shocked.

"Honestly? A few months already. But now Bruce confirmed it!", Flash told him.

The boy paled then looked at the floor in shame.

"It doesn't even matter if I tell him. He hates me anyways and if not he'll hate me then", Robin stuttered, "I'm a freaking assassin, a killer, a monster"

"Listen, Dick", Barry put a hand on his shoulder, "He doesn't hate you. He is just a little bit upset. You know Wally. I'm sure he'll calm down and maybe he even returns the feelings. And you are definitely NOT a monster!"

"I don't know..."

"Hey, remember... you two had already your magical first kiss", Barry grinned trying to distract the boy by teasing him.

Robin blushed in deep crimson and put his hands over his face waiting for his future self or someone else to time travel and erase himself from existence.

But nothing happened.

'Thanks a lot, Legends...'

"Is there anything Batman didn't told the League?!", he exclaimed embarrassed.

"Nope, kid", Barry laughed, "I think Black Canary and Hawkgirl will try to get you two together"

"Okay-wait, WHAT?!"

Robin just stared at him in shock before storming off leaving a laughing Flash behind.