7.

ZAHRIE POV

A Week Later...

"Alright class I have your project grades here. Some of you I'm very disappointed in. And some of you I'm very proud of" my teacher said handing out the projects back.

"I know I failed this project" Solana pouted.

"Nah you probably passed, relax" I said. Mister Jones placed solana's project on her desk. She picked it up and gasped "what?! I got a damn B!".

"See told you and you was all worried" I said while she was examining the grade she got. He placed mine on my desk. I know I passed so I flipped it over "hold up?! How the hell did I get a D". Solana grabbed my project "damn zahrie! You never get lower than a B! How did this happen?!".

"Oh hell no!" I got up and walked up to his desk he glanced up at me "yes?".

"Explain this crap here" I said.

"You got the right grade" he said.

"How? Please explain" I said.

"Those names you gave were fake. This project was for you to know your past".

"Listen these are the names my dad gave me! They have to be real. He wouldn't lie to me. My mom would but not my dad. So I deserve an A for this. Especially after dealing with them not wanting to tell me anything".

"How about to push that D to an A you do the project over the right way?" He asked. At this point I rather take the D.

"I don't get why this project is so important anyway... you know what I usually get A's what's one D.  Nah I'm good I'm not stressing over this" I said. His whole demeanor changed as if he was getting upset. I walked back to my seat not caring anymore.

//

JAELYNN POV

Since Maddox was suspended for fighting once again I had him helping me at my office. He hates going to work with me. "Ma? This is boring can we go?".

"No we can't. But I need you to go to my car and grab the bag off the front seat. And come back!" I warned. He smiled and walked out to the parking lot. A good ten minutes went by and he's not back yet. Calling his phone he's not answering. If this boy makes me go outside I'm going to yank him up.

FaceTiming him...

"What's up?" He asked

"Maddox where the hell are you?" I yelled.

"In the car... why? He asked.

"You have five seconds to get back in this office with the bag I asked you to get".

He sucked his teeth "come on..."

"Boy don't try me... one.." I heard him open the car door and slam it. That's what I thought. He walked in with a mean mug "you better fix your face too before I fix it for you". He plopped down in the couch next to my desk.

When we both got home Maddox raced upstairs. Maybe next time he won't get suspended. Elijah smiled "so I'm guessing Maddox had fun today?".

"Tons... why is this house so quiet?" I asked.

"Well Sadé is upstairs doing homework, Liam is playing video games and zahrie well she's around this house somewhere" he said.

Zahrie came into the kitchen and put the project on the counter. I sighed I was too tired for this project non sense. "I got a D, thanks for giving me false names".

"Who gave you false names?" I plays dumb.

"Dad did" she said. I looked at Elijah and gasped "how could you?!".

He rolled his eyes "Well you didn't fail so be happy. You wouldn't stop harassing us so I lied to you to shut you up and it worked".

Zahrie shook her head "I expected this from mom but not you"

"Hold up? Don't bring me into this" I said.

"Anyway I'm not mad. I can care less about it. As long I don't have to be bothered with this I'm good. And then my teacher is upset cause he wants me to do the project over and get the correct names"

Elijah glanced at me and I looked at him too. I think we had the same thought in mind. "So...?".

"I'm done with this project. I told him I'll take the D. But then he got upset. It's whatever" she said.

"Good for you. You made the right choice" I said. She turned back around and went upstairs. Elijah looked at me "her teacher needs to go".

"From the guy who says we can't kill anyone cause we have kids now" I said.

"Nah he's getting too Nosey and it's bothering me now. Before it didn't but now he's crossing the line" he said.

"Well we can do what we usually do. But we have to be more careful. The kids are older now so they'll understand if they see blood" I said.

Elijah sighed "just when you think we can live our lives in peace. It can't happen for us. Someone is always trying to impose themselves on us".

"True but I didn't expect it to be a teacher from our kids school" I said.

"I really don't want you in on this" Elijah said.

"I'm not pregnant this dime around so I'm getting my hands dirty. You can't stop me" I said. Elijah facepalmed himself. "Pshhh you want to share ideas but don't want me in on them... are you crazy?".

"We'll talk about this later when the kids are asleep. You never know which one is lurking in this house". I nodded "you ain't never lie".