16.

JAELYNN POV

"Elijah lets go before Nosey comes downstairs questioning us again" he was taking forever to come downstairs. We had to go back to the warehouse to make sure no evidence was accidentally lying around. We don't need that. "I'm here... let's go. But I want to stop at this store before. They have this shirt on sale and I want it".

"All I'm saying it better not be black" I said. We left the house and got into Elijah's car. He drove down to the store. Shaking my head cause I know he's going to end up getting another black shirt. "You coming?" He asked. Rolling my eyes I got out. He walked straight in and went for what he wanted. My phone took my attention so I went back outside.

After finishing my conversation I see him looking into the mirror posing... my exact reaction

"You got to be kidding me?!" I said

He turned around "so you like it or what?".

"You know what

"You know what... I know you didn't come here for another black shirt?!" He nodded "this is a different shade of black. I like it". Shaking my head "meet me outside" I walked back out. Five minutes later he cane out with a smile and the bag. "Cannot believe we came here for that".

"What can I say? I like the color black" he said.

"Can we go where we have to go?" I asked. He opened the car door ave unlocked my door. "Ready?" He asked.

"And no more pointless stops" I warned.

"Why you hating on my black shirts? I don't say nothing about them wigs you wear" he said.

"See the difference is my wigs come in different styles. Unlike you bland black shirts. They all look the same" he glanced at me "hater".

Pulling up to the warehouse it was very quiet. We got out and closed the door easily. Looking around I was making sure I didn't drop anything. Elijah was too busy inside looking around. Following him I seen it was clean. "Damn we are good" I said.

"We were once amateurs but we progressed to professionals" he said.

"Can't believe they found his body. He should've de solved in that lye" I said. Elijah shrugged "you're right. Maybe we didn't put enough. But we know better for next time". Looking at my phone time had passed we needed to get home. "Come on everything is clean here". He closed up the warehouse and locked it. By the time we got home it was around midnight.

Sneaking inside the lights flipped on "where were you guys?". Lord, I jumped so high... punching the air too. "Why are you still awake?!" I asked.

"I asked you first" Zahrie said.

"Umm we were outside taking a walk" I turned to Elijah who nodded "yeah trying to stay in shape". Zahrie raised her brow "then how come you have a bag?".

Knew that black shirt was a waste of time.

"Oh this it was on sale and I bought it before but it was in the car ave I remembered before we came in" he lied.

"You two think you're so slick!" She said.

"Hold up? We are the parents here why are we answering your questions. Go to bed" I said. Elijah has to think about that one. "You're mom is right. You should be sleeping".

Zahrie looked st both of us and squinted her eyes. "You two can keep hiding but the truth will come out".

"And if or when it does I'm whooping your ass for being Nosey for no reason. Mind your business" I said. She huffed and went back upstairs. "Ever since she was little she was always a problem".

"Well I need a shower..." Elijah said.

"If you didn't buy that black shirt she would've stopped questioning us... told you it was pointless" I said. He smiled "still hating hours later. Me and my black shirt are going upstairs". I smirked "you stupid".

When I finally got to bed... I was tired. Sighing as the bed comforted me. "I would speak about what happened but I feel like Zahrie is eavesdropping".

Elijah laughed "nah she's sleeping. You're good".

"She can't be trust anymore. Acting like she works for the FBI. It's bad enough we have to watch our steps but now we have to be wary of Zahrie too".

"And we did her a favor" Elijah said.

"If she wasn't so follow the rules I wouldn't mind telling her the truth. But I do that next thing I know I'm in the back of a cop car handcuffed. I'm not that stupid".

"You could probably tell Sade she won't say anything. She's too much into herself" Elijah joked.

"True... I feel like we should be worried about that" I said.

"She's young. Its probably a phase she's going through. Before you know it she'll be into something else" Elijah said.

"I don't think so. She's always been into herself. From the first time she saw herself in a mirror it's been just Sade" I said.

"Trust me... she'll be fine" Elijah got snuggled into the bed some more "let's get some sleep. Especially since the kids have no school. We'll need all the energy we can get". Damn forgot they'll be home all day causing me havoc.