15.

ZAHRIE POV

"It been a whole two weeks since Mr. Jones has been absent. He's not coming back" Solana said.

"But then we will get a sub for the rest of the year" I said. She turned to me "You can't just let me believe we could be in this library for the rest of the year.."

"I'm just saying... it's just a little odd he just falls off the face of the earth" I said.

"Why do you care so much?" Solana asked.

"I don't... but I just find it odd" I said.

"You need a life... a more interesting one. And I don't mean boys cause we saw what happened to the last one" she said.

"I'm good..." I said. We both laughed "Are you coming over after school?" I asked. She nodded "of course to see that fine ass daddy you got".

"You need help" I joked. We walked down to lunch and got our food. Of course Solana always has her hands in my food "you going to eat that?".

"Damn Solana can I eat?" I said.

"Well the way you eating like you not hungry" she said. Handing her the muffin from off my tray "here". She took it and smiled "I love these things". One of our friends came running up to us. "Did you guys here about our history teacher?".

Solana and I looked at each other "no, what?".

"Well apparently they found his body in a bin. It was sinking into the mud!" He said.

"You lying?! Someone killed him!" Solana said.

Clearing my throat "we don't know if someone killed him".

"Are you stupid? It's clear someone killed his ass" she said. Feeling my palms get sweaty. I wanted to leave this table. "Zahrie are you okay?" Solana asked. I nodded "yeah I'm good". Just that I'm realizing my parents lied to me again.

The rest of the school day I was on edge. What if they get caught? Then me and my siblings will be in foster care! Oh hell no!. When the final be rang I netted out of class. "Zahrie Wait up!!!" Solana yelled. She ran up to me "damn girl you should do track".

"Huh?" I asked.

"What is wrong with you?!" She stopped me and turned me around.

"Nothing I just want to go home!" She shook her head "okay then let's go!". At this point I didn't need Solana to come to my house today. But I couldn't tell her that. She's been looking forward to it all day. When we got to my house both my parents were there. "We need to talk!" I said. My mom raised her brow "about what now? Every time you come from school we always have to talk. None of your siblings do this but you. Solana are you not talking to her enough?". Solana smiled "You crazy".

Turning to Solana "hey could you o to my room while I speak to my parents?". She nodded "yeah of course". My dad came into the kitchen "ooo hey mister James". My mom shook her head "you do know that's the only reason she comes here".

"Hey solana" My dad said. She blushed and went upstairs. Waiting to hear my room door close. Once the door was shut "so they found my teacher dead! Did you know that?" I yelled.

"First of all lower your voice. Second okay so what they found him. Is this what you want to talk about?"  My mom asked.

I nodded "I'm not dumb! I know you two killed him".

"Sorry baby girl but you have no proof of that" my dad said.

"So you're basically saying you did it?" I asked.

"Who said anything? Your dad is just saying there's no proof. Zahrie are you working for the police or something?".

The door opened and Maddox walked in "don't stop talking cause I walked in" he said.

"We have to be cautious around you. The brain cells don't work as it should be. Opening your mouth and telling people we kill" my mom said.

"That was one time!!! I learned my lesson!" He said.

"Right?!..." Maddox walked up to my mom and hugged her "listen just do me a favor. Take out my English teacher, please?!" He whispered loud enough for me to hear.

"Maddox I'm going to count to five and you better be out of my face and eye sight! One... two..." Maddox ran upstairs... "that boy is something else".

"Why won't you guys tell me the truth?" I asked.

"Because you can't handle it. Stop worrying about grown folks business. Worry about being fifteen" my dad said.

"Listen to your dad. He's right. Just be happy you won't have to deal with that annoying ass teacher anymore. Shit I know I'm happy" my mom said. My younger sister walked in with all smiles "mommy look I got an award today".

"See be like Sade just worry about yourself. She has no worries" my dad said.

"Sade is two steps away from being a narcissist" I said. We both looked at her watching herself in the mirror "see?".

"Zahrie don't you have homework to do?. Cause I know Solana is waiting to copy off of you"  squinting my eyes at her "you know what it's okay. Don't tell me".

"And we won't" my mom said. My dad laughed a little. I know they killed this man. In the end I had to protect my parents. I'll be damned to be going to foster care cause they didn't cover their tracks properly.