Chapter Three- Vidcon Begins

Chapter Three

Marcus' POV

Zoe, Alfie, Louise and I got seated on the plane to fly to Anaheim, California. Today was the day that many YouTubers would be travelling there to attend and be a day ready for the annual VidCon.

Alfie and I sat together in the plane, while the other two sat in front of us.

Being typical YouTubers, we vlogged a little.

"Heellloooo! As you can kind of see I'm on a plane, and most of you will probably know why. I'm going to VidCon in Anaheim California! I can't wait to see all of you guys!" I stopped the camera and turned it off. I couldn't be bothered vlogging, I had been woken up by Alfie ringing me in the morning to say that Zoe and him were coming early to mine. I was so tired.

I went on my iPhone and posted a tweet.

@MarcusButler: GOING TO VIDCON TO SEE YOU PEOPLE! IN THE  PLANE RIGHT NOW!

I turned my phone to airplane mode and then got my laptop from my bag. I started to edit this week's video. 

Beside me, Alfie was on his laptop editing as well.

Lauren, Jim, Tanya, Caspar and Joe were set to meet us at the hotel. We had booked flights at around about the same time, only half an hour or an hour apart.

I listened to music throughout the flight and replied to some tweets and comments from my viewers.

*****

It was a safe and gentle landing. When we were in the airport, we were immediately flustered by a group of girls, who wanted to take photos with us. After that we took a taxi to the hotel.

I turned airplane mode off on my phone and texted Lauren.

Marcus: We're in Anaheim now Laur, going to be at the hotel soon x

Lauren: Great! I can't wait to see you :) x

Marcus: Can't wait to see you either! :) x

We finally arrived at the hotel. We grabbed our luggage and paid for the taxi. Alfie texted Jim to tell him that we were here. 

We checked into our rooms, I was sharing a room with Lauren, Jim and Tanya. Room 203. I knocked on the door and out burst Lauren. I dropped my bag and opened my arms to give her an enormous hug. Next I gave Tanya a hug and then Jim.

"Oh my gosh! Hi Marcus!" Lauren smiled. She seemed really excited that I was here.

I grinned, "Hey Laur!"

There was three rooms in the hotel room that we staying in. Two bedrooms and a bathroom. Lauren guided me around the hotel room and showed us where we would be sleeping for the next few days.

"We're sharing this room and Tanya and Jim are sharing that room just through that door." She pointed to the door and I nodded.  

"And this is your bed and this is mine." She said adding a smile to the end of the sentence.

"Awesome!" I picked up my bags from where I dropped them and put them next to my bed.

I took out my laptop and continued to edit my new Saturday video on my bed.

Lauren flopped onto my bed with me, "Aren't you gonna visit the others?"

I looked over to her, "Like who?"

"Um, Joey, Tyler, Troye.."

I shut my laptop and put it on the bed, "Well, let's go then," I smiled and she smiled.

We got up from the bed and started to head towards the door, "We're going to see the others Jim and Tan! We'll be back soon!" Lauren told them.

Jim's head popped out from there room, "Go ahead."

We went outside and started walking down the hotel hallway, "I have no idea how to get there, but Joey said that Louise and him were in room 265." She said.

I looked around at all the door numbers, "Well this one is 205, so we must be heading the right way so far."

She nodded.

We walked, talked and navigated our way to Joey and Louise's room. We had to go up two floors in the elevator.

"Room 265 is round about... Here." I pointed.

"Oh, yay!" Lauren said, "Come on!"

Lauren's POV

I knocked on the door. After a few seconds of waiting, the door opened, revealing one of my best American friends Joey Graceffa.

I went over and gave him a really big hug, "Hi Joey! I've missed you so so much!"

He squeezed me and smiled with his beautiful white teeth, "I've missed you too Lauren!"

We let go, smiles on our faces. Then Marcus went over to hug him. "Nice to see you again Joey!"

"You too Marcus!"

Joey invited us in, "Do you guys want something to drink?" He asked.

I flopped on the bed and so did Marcus, "No thanks Joey, we're just in and then out."

"Aw what? Where are you going after Lauren-anya?" Joey asked.

"We're going to see Connor, Tyler and Troye in there hotel room." I replied.

Joey nodded, "So how is Larcus?" He laughed.

I laughed too, "I'm pretty good, I don't know about the other half though." I looked at Marcus.

He grinned, "I'm great, and yourself Joey?"

"I'm happy! I can't wait to see Zoe, Alfie and all that!"

We stayed there for around 10 minutes, talking about meeting our viewers, about collaborations and our YouTube careers. We had a laugh together and we were nearly in tears of laughter at one point.

Joey and I took a selfie, that Joey posted on his Instagram Account and then we left, leaving to go and visit Tyler, Connor and Troye in Room 154.

Tyler opened the door when Marcus knocked on it, "Hey ya'll! I was looking forward to seeing you two!"

I laughed, "Hey Tyler! I was looking forward to seeing you!" I went over and hugged him. I hugged Troye and Connor afterwards.

Marcus picked up conversation with Troye and Connor while Tyler and myself were taking selfies. None of them were working out, but we carried on taking them, until we got the perfect one to post on my Instagram and his.

@LaurenChapman: Vidcon begins! Visiting @TylerOakley He's my role model for sass!

Tyler chuckled about my description, on the other hand Tyler's was plainly true.

@TylerOakley: Took a million selfies, until we came up with this one! @LaurenChapman Love this girl!

We left Tyler, Connor and Troye's 20 minutes later, our sides hurting from all the laughter and fun that we were up to. I couldn't wait to see my other friends. That was one of the things about Vidcon. I enjoyed hanging out with my YouTube/Real friends and having a good time with them. All the late nights, laughter, fun and gossiping that we do made me I absolutely love VidCon and YouTube Conventions even more but meeting my viewers and beautiful people was the whole point of it, and I loved it very much.