Chapter Two- Moving In

Chapter Two

Lauren's POV

Marcus and I finally arrived in London. It was such a good drive filled with laughter, fun, singing and talking. 

Marcus parked outside of Tanya and Jim's house. The moving van was already there and Jim and Tanya were taking boxes out and putting them into the house.

"And we're here!" Marcus said.

Jim came over to us, "Hi Laur!"

"Hi Jimbob!" I put my arms around him and hugged him tightly. We let go and then Marcus went over to man-hug Jim.

"Hey Jimbob!" greeted Marcus to Jim. 

As they began to talk to each other, I went over to Tanya and smiled brightly at her.

"Hey Tan!" I gave her a big hug.

"Hi Lauren!" She said, as she hugged back.

We both pulled away and then I had a look around at all of the boxes still left in the moving truck.

"Should we carry on taking the boxes inside?"

Tanya nodded.

***

After about an hour all the boxes were inside and Marcus and myself were in my bedroom setting up my computer and connecting the internet to my devices.

"Put the big white cord end into the one that fits that plug side and then connect the other end to the one you think belongs with it over here." Marcus explained, for what seemed like the one hundreth time. It was the same everytime, I got confused and I didn't know what to do.

I found my vlogging camera amongst all of the computer equipment and filming equipment and vlogged a little on there before we had started setting up my computer.

There was a knock at the door and we both glanced up to see Jim. "Do you need some help?" He asked.

I laughed, "Yes please Jimbob!"

Marcus smiled, "Of course! You'll be better than Lauren at setting up this!"

I pushed him playfully, "Excuse me?"

Marcus just chuckled and so did Jim.

But it was true that Jim was better than me at setting up this computer equipment because in a matter of minutes, my computer was up and ready to go.

We went out into the lounge and started unpacking my things out of the boxes. Tanya and I took my boxes containing my clothes and make-up and started sprawling over them. Since Tanya and myself were both Beauty Guru's on YouTube, we enjoyed seeing what other people had in there stash of make-up and clothes.

"Oh my gosh! You have the Cle de Peau concealer!" Tanya exclaimed.

I laughed, "Yup! I paid for it and I don't regret it!"

"You must be nuts! This costs loads of money! Was it worth it, do you think?" She looked it and admired it.

"One hundred percent Tan! You can try it if you like!" I smiled.

"Aw, are you sure Lauren?"

"Yeah! Go ahead, before I change my mind!" I chuckled and Tanya opened it and swatched it on her wrist.

"It's so creamy and smooth!"

I smiled, "It hides my dark under eyes very very well! I recommend that you should buy it for yourself Tanya!"

"No way! It's so expensive for a concealer!"

"You deserve to treat yourself Tan!"

She laughed, twisted it back down and then put the lid on it, "Maybe one day.."

I laughed. We carried on looking through my make-up products. We brought the box into her bedroom and looked at her make-up as well and chatted about the products we had.

From there, we decided to collab together in the challenge, 'The Three Minute Make-up Challenge.'

One month later...

I had settled in with Tanya and Jim. They were very welcoming. We would go on mini road trips to Brighton and back sometimes. Tanya and myself liked living together because we loved comparing make-up, buying things online together and admiring things that we saw when we were out and about.

At the end of that day that I had came, Jim drove Marcus at around 6pm to the subway station and he caught a train back to Brighton. 

Today was a few days before we were leaving to VidCon, an annual YouTube convention. It was the 5th annual this year. Tanya, Jim, Caspar, Joe and I were to meet the other YouTubers like Zoe, Alfie, Marcus and Louise at the hotel in Anaheim.

"Wake up Lauren! We're going to miss the flight at this rate!" Jim knocked on  my door.

Ugh. If you guys didn't already know, I loved sleeping. I usually slept in most days. I was lucky that I was a YouTuber, working at home most days, that meant that I could sleep in which pleased me very much.

I got out of my bed and chose an outfit for today. It had to be comfy but appropriate to wear outside because we were taking a flight.

I chose a black and white stripy woollen sweater, light blue demin shorts, my black vans, my brown leather handbag, my sunglasses and a watch. My outfit was really plain, but I felt that it would be suitable for a flight, instead of a skirt or a dress like I would normally wear. I brushed my brownish, blondish hair and left it down and then did my morning face routine, moisturising, cleansing and putting a little bit of make up on, just some concealer to hide my dark under eyes and I also filled in my brows. That was a must do.

We all ate breakfast together and then gathered all of our luggage into Jim's car. 

"Are you ready for Vidcon?" Jim asked Tanya and I.

"Of course!" Tanya laughed.

"Yup!" This year at Vidcon, I was doing a panel and an interview with Hollywire with all the other British YouTubers. I was doing a separate interview after that one with Hollywire together with Tanya and Jim. I had three meet ups. Three chances to meet my viewers. The first one with Zoe and some of the other British boy YouTubers, second one with Marcus and Alfie and the last one was by myself. There was going to be quite a few parties and some Hotel frenzies in Vidcon! I couldn't wait to see all of my best friends, especially Joey and Tyler, I hadn't seen them for quite a few weeks.

While we were heading to the airport I took out my vlogging camera and vlogged.

"Day 1 of Vidcon! Well, not day 1 but it is the day we hop on the plane and fly to Anaheim! Yay! I can't wait to see all of your faces!" I directed the camera to Jim and Tanya in the front of the car, "Jim is driving us to the airport, say hi guys!"

"Hi guys!" Jim chuckled.

Tanya laughed, "Hi!"

"I have settled into living with these two and it has been a blast! If you've seen my main channel videos you might have seen more collabs with these two and a few other YouTubers. It's great distance between London and Brighton and I can travel back and forth to see the other YouTubers like Zoe, Marky Buttbutt and the load of others a lot more than I used to! I'm going to be daily vlogging for the rest of the week at Vidcon! Make sure that you download the app to Vidcon on your android or app store and you'll be the few first ones to know when a secret meet up is!"

I did snippets of vlogging the landscape outside of the window as we were driving and did the same in different spots at the airport. I would add music to it when I edited it tonight, before I upload it.

We met up with Caspar and Joe at the airport and boarded the flight with them. Caspar, Joe and I talked the whole flight to California, but in the middle of the chat I closed my eyes and went to sleep. Oops.