Chapter 11~ Fatal Mistake

(Serena's POV)

"Kill them, Christian, so we can be on our way." I could hear a mans voice, Marcus I'm assuming, as I came closer to a clearing a little ways away from the castle. I could see a woman standing in front of a little boy while Christian stood a few feet away.

"Please, kill me if you must, but please let my boy go. Please, I'm begging you." The woman was crying as she struggled to stay on her feet.

Christian moved closer to them and the mother fell to her knees as she pulled her son closer to her. I can't let this happen, but I can't let them know I'm here. Maybe if I distract Christian the two can escape and I can take off before they find me. I looked around before my eyes fell on a big rock at my feet. I picked it up as Christian took another step closer to them. Before I could change my mind I threw the rock at Christian and it hit him on the side of his head hard enough for him to fall to his knees as blood flowed from the wound.

"Run! Now!" The mother grabbed her son and ran as fast they could out of the clearing. I smiled in relief as I heard their footsteps fade out in the distance.

As I turned to leave though, I ran into Christian. I looked up to meet his gaze and was a little to see the little bit of sadness in his eyes that he hid with anger. I took a step back away from him only to run into a tree. Why does this always happen when I'm trying to get away from Christian?

"Christian...." He moved closer to me and I backed into the tree until I was pressed up against it. If only I could become this tree right now.

"Serena.... Do you know what you've done?" I didn't answer him as I just focused on the ground. I felt him grab my chin as he forced me to look at him.

"You've just signed your death certificate." Christian grabbed my neck as his eyes changed from ice-blue to a blood red. I felt his grip tighten as he cut off my air supply.

"Christian, stop!" I looked to my right just in time to see Lissa knock Christian to the ground. Of course, I fell with him but I felt a sharp pain as the back of my head hit a sharp rock that was on the ground. My vision blurred as I slowly sat up.

"Serena, come on!" I felt Lissa grab my arm as she tried to help me to my feet.

"You're not going anywhere!" Lissa let go of me as Christian grabbed her by her neck.

"Serena, go! Run now!" Christian tightened his grip on her making it impossible for her to speak, much less breathe. Then he looked down at me.

"You aren't getting out of this one, Princess." He kicked me on the side of my head knocking me back on the ground. He smiled evilly at me before moving his attention back to Lissa.

"As for you, you've outlived your worth." Christian let go of Lissa's neck and grabbed her head instead. He put his hand on her shoulder as he ripped off her head. Her body fell forward and landed just a few inches from me. Christian tossed her head on the ground beside her body before turning to me.

"Lissa! Christian, I'll kill you!" Aaron came out of nowhere about to punch Christian. I heard a loud smack, as Christian caught Aaron's hand before he twisted his arm behind is back.

"I think it's going to be the other way around." Aaron looked to Lissa's body as a tear fell down his cheek. Christian grabbed his head and ripped it off much like what he did to Lissa.

"As for you, Princess, we have something special in store for you." Christian said as he made his way over to me. His red eyes met mine as he got closer and closer to me. He laughed as I crawled back away from him.

"S-Stay away f-from me, Christian." My back hit a tree as my vision got blurry around the edges.

"Now you and I both know I can't do that." He picked me up and I hated myself when I let my head rest against his chest while he walked.

We passes by Aaron and Lissa and I felt tears sting my eyes before they slowly fell down my cheeks. Soon after, Marcus and Sabrina came into view and I hid my face in Christian's chest so they couldn't see me cry. I felt Christian tense up as I grabbed his shirt but he didn't do anything to stop me. I felt someone touch my head near the wound on the back of my head and I buried my head in Christian's chest further hoping they would take their hand away.

"This is Princess Serena? I thought you said she was going to be a threat to us, Marcus. All she seems to be to me is a pathetic, weak, worthless girl that should just be disposed of."

"Now, now, Sabrina, believe me she is stronger than she appears to be. Besides in the state that she's in, I wouldn't expect her to be fighting much if at all against anyone. From what I can tell she's suffered two blows to the head. Those will heal with time though, they don't seem to be too serious, which is a good thing." I felt Marcus move his hand and I glanced out of the corner of my eye long enough to see him reaching for my chin. I moved so that my face was in between Christian's shoulder and neck so that Marcus couldn't get me.

"Christian, I want you to take her to your room and keep an eye on her. She does not leave your sight, understand?" Christian nodded before he started walking again. I peeked over Christian's shoulder to see Marcus smiling at me. As I rested my head against Christian's chest again I knew I was going to be in some serious trouble soon.