Chapter 13

"You have two month's before the baby is due," Carla stated writing something on her clipboard. "Mikasa, I am hoping you're helping Annie, right? Right?" 

Mikasa nodded. "Yeah, of course." Mikasa looked at Annie. "Two more months. I can't wait." She said with glee, moving in her seat. 

"You're acting like a child," Carla muttered. "How will you be able to take care of this baby?" She whispered to herself. 

Annie giggled softly, Mikasa helping her off the bed. "Thank you, Dr. Jeager." 

"It's not a problem, Annie." Carla smiled but sent a glare at Mikasa. Mikasa pouted before walking out of the room.

. . . 

Mikasa's POV

"I'm fat," Annie muttered while she sat on the couch in her dorm. Mikasa looked at her with a frown. 

"No, you're not. You're just carrying a baby. That doesn't make you fat." I replied, seating next to her. 

"You're brother think's I'm fat," Annie muttered snuggling closer to me. 

"Eren's stupid," I muttered wrapping my arms around her. Annie's blue eyes shifted to a stack of books. "Which book do you want?" I asked, standing up. "Skater Girl?"

"The author went on a hiatus are something for that book. Can you grab me the second book in the stack?" I nodded looking through the stacks of books before finding the right one. On the cover was a girl that looked much like Annie. I turned the book around to read the back.

"Here you go," I said giving her the book. 

. . . 

"Annie!" I groaned. She looked up from her book. "I need help with this homework." 

"I don't know anything about medicine or whatever you're studying in. I'm not any help." Annie answered, her eyes looking back at her book. "Talk to you're teacher's or something."  

I rolled my eyes. "But you're smart."

"You're smart too." 

I blushed and looked back at my paper with a pout. "I don't want to talk to my med teacher, she a little bit... crazy." 

"Ms. Hanji?" Annie asked but still reading her book. How does someone do that? Read the book but still pay attention to the person that's talking. 

"Yeah," I answered. "She's a good teacher but she could get a little bit too enthusiastic about something." 

"I know, I had her for two years," Annie replied. 

Mikasa hummed softly and started writing on her paper. 

. . .

"I'm back from class!" Reiner yelled with a grin as he came inside the dorm. I was still writing on my paper, while Annie was still reading. 

"Shut up!" Annie called out. "I'm trying to read."

"All you do is read." He said coming into the living room.  "Mikasa is... here? I thought you guys broke up?"

I nodded. "We got back together though, thank god, I felt like I was going to die."

"Well, maybe you shouldn't have gotten drunk in the first place," Reiner replied grabbing a soda from the fridge. "So it's your fault."

"Don't remind me." I frowned. "I was stupid."

"Yeah, you are," Reiner said taking a sip out of his soda. 

"Don't call my girlfriend stupid," Annie stated. I smiled and got up and kissed her on her cheek. She blushed a rose red. 

"How's the baby doing?" Reiner asked, taking out his binder from his bookbag and opening it. "How much more months until the due date?" 

"Two," I replied with a smile. "I'm excited."

Reiner chuckled slightly before his face turned serious. "Are you guys prepared? Because we can't have the baby in the dorm or everyone will notice and then people are going to talk about Annie-"

"I'll hurt them if they talk about Annie-"

"So that's why we can't have the baby here." Reiner finished while he put his pencil down. 

I turned my head towards Annie. "What did you're father say? We never got the chance to talk about since... I was being stupid." 

Annie frowned and shrugged her shoulder. "He was a real bitch when I told him. I practically lost all contact with him except I just have his number but he never texts. He didn't like the fact that I was pregnant." Annie started crying. "Why does he hate me so much?" She sobbed. 

I frowned and hugged her. "Don't worry about it." I turned my head towards Reiner. "We could get an apartment that's close to here?" I suggested.

"Sure but how are you going to pay?" Reiner asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I'll get a job."

"What about school too?" Annie asked, having stopped crying. "You won't be able to juggle school and work at the same time. I'll have to start going back to my classes because I won't be able to graduate if I decide to ditch them."

"When does the school year end?" I asked. 

"Five more months," Reiner replied. "So that leaves you guys three months with the newborn baby, school and work."

I groaned and rubbed my temple and took out my phone. 

Mikasa: Mom, would you like to take care of my baby when it's born? 

Carla: You haven't even told Grisha about this or Eren or your friends. You know how my shift's at the hospital are too, those aren't flexible. I'm sorry, sweetie. 

Mikasa: I know, sorry. I was thinking of getting an apartment but then the whole job and school thing, no one would be able to take care of the baby because Annie has to start focusing on her classes.

Mikasa: I'm lost, mom.

Mikasa: I don't know what to do. 

Mikasa: I'm scared. 

I couldn't stop the tears from dropping.

"Mikasa?" Annie asked slowly. "Why are you crying?" 

I laughed. "I'm not crying," I said wiping away my tears. I shouldn't be crying not in front of Annie. 

"Babe, what's wrong?" Annie murmured. My tears still fell.

"I'm scared. I'm frightened. I don't know what to do anymore." 

Annie hugged me and I sobbed into her shoulder. "We'll get through this, don't worry. We'll figure out a way. Together, okay?" 

I nodded into her shoulder and whispered. "Together."

. . . 

Hey, look at that, I updated. lol

Sorry for any mistakes