Chapter 15

Mikasa's POV

I sat on the computer desk chair. My essay sitting on the table. My name and date are written on it with only a few sentences. I was in Annie's room, she was asleep on her bed, a fluffy blanket covering her. I took a deep breath and looked down at my paper, waiting for any information to pop up into my head, anything that could let me put a few more sentences on the paper. I had gotten this assignment two classes ago and I wanted to get a head start. 

I sighed leaned against the chair and placed the pencil next to my essay. I needed to bring Annie over for dinner so Grisha could see her. Then I have to tell everyone else. I scrunched my nose up, do I have to tell them? Jean and Sasha are gossip maniac's and go around the campus telling everyone about the latest drama. Ymir doesn't give a shit about anyone except for Krista. Connie, wouldn't tell anyone. I think. Armin... would clearly be disappointed in me but I know for a fact that he wouldn't tell anyone. 

I tilted my head when I heard something shuffle. Annie turned around, her eyes closed as hugged a pillow closer. I closed my eyes. Two more months until the baby would be due. I breathed in through my nose. I'm going to be a mom. That is scary, frightening. What if he or she hates me? What if I'm a horrible mother? 

"One step at a time, Mikasa," I told myself and felt my eyes close. All this thinking got me tired. I stood up, placed my paper in my binder and placed my pencil next to the binder. I took off my sweatshirt, leaving me with only a t-shirt and walked over to Annie's bed and slowly crawled in. Annie's back was turned to me and I wrapped my arms around her and placed the blanket over us. I buried my head into her hair and closed my eyes. 

I woke up two and a half hours later, Annie wasn't in bed with me and I groaned. I sat on the bed opening my eyes and saw Annie on the computer, headphones on. She was typing away on her keyboard, a small blanket covering her frame. I stood up, slowly taking off her headphones. "Hi, what are you listening to?" I asked, placing the headphones over my ears. 

"Lauren Jauregui." Was her quick reply. I smiled, before placing the headphones on the desk. 

"Do you want anything to eat?" I asked, pulling up a chair next to her and seating down. "I can order something if you want?" 

Annie smiled and nodded. "Yes, please. Thank you." I nodded and took out my phone as I watch Annie start typing again, what I assume was lines of code. It was really confusing. Half an hour later, we were in the living room eating watching a movie, Annie was cuddled into my side, paying attention to the movie. 

I took a deep breath and turned my attention to the movie trying to keep my thoughts from wondering about what the future would hold for me. My thoughts went back to what I was thinking earlier. Annie shifted slightly looking up at me. "I can hear you think. What's going through that head of yours?"

I frowned before it quickly turning into a smile. "Nothing, princess." 

She shook her head. "Don't lie to me." 

I exhaled deeply. "What if they don't like me?" I asked, slightly. "What if I'm a bad mother?" 

Annie smiled. "At least, you won't be as bad as my father." 

"That's really reassuring?" I stated, confused slightly.

"He or she will love you, Mikasa," Annie stated. "Now stop thinking and watch the movie." I nodded, Annie cuddled into me once again and turned her head towards the TV.

"My dad wants to meet you." I blurted out. 

Annie blinked her blue eyes. "Okay, when?" She asked, her hand brushing against her leggings. She was nervous.