Chapter 16

Once I finished helping mom set the table, I went back to the living room to see my dad already in a conversation with Annie. Annie had a small smile as she replied to whatever questions my dad asked. I raised an eyebrow and sat next to Annie and placed my head on her shoulder, catching a glimpse on their conversation. They were talking about what college major she was in and how it was going, that exampled the reason behind her smile.

"The table is ready," I stated softly to them, interrupting my father from asking another question. Annie smiled up at me and I leaned down to kiss her cheek. My dad looked at us with a small smile before getting up and walking to the table.

"You're dad is amazing." Annie smiled. "He knows so much about the programming field. So much better than my dad."

I raised an eyebrow and grinned at her. "You can have him." I stood up and grabbed her hand helping her up. "Ladies first."

Dinner went well, we talked about the pregnancy and what we would do after the baby is born and we came up with solutions. So that was a start, it sort of calmed my nerves down. We left, agreeing that we would be back and now we were in Annie's dorm, cuddling on the couch with a movie playing the background.

"You're parents are amazing." She smiled. I nodded placing a kiss on her forehead. She softly yawned after. She got off of me, stretched her arms and walking into her room. I raised an eyebrow.

"Are you going to sleep?" I called out.

"Yeah!" I smiled before grabbing the remote and closed the T.V. I got up closed the lights. I blinked when a thought came into my head, I walked into Annie's room and saw her in her PJ's as she crawled into her bed. "Where the hell are Reiner and Bertolt?"

She blinked and then frowned. "Uh, I don't know." She then shrugged, leaning her head on the fluffy pillow. "They're big boys. They can handle themselves." I nodded and crawled into the bed and let my right hand rest on her stomach.

My eyes widened as I felt a small kick against my hand. "Did you feel that? Oh my- The baby kicked, Annie." She leaned against the headboard of the bed as she stared at me with a small smile. I'm an emotional mess. I feel like I'm going to cry.

"It's nothing new, Mikasa." She giggled. "You have already felt the baby kick before."

I nodded. "But it's still a rush of emotions."

. . .

I was in my lecture as the teacher started talking about the topic for today, Eren sat beside me. "Mikasa?" Eren called out. I looked over to him. "Do you have Discord?" I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Why? Discord is the hype nowadays."

I raised an eyebrow. "I don't care. It's not like I text you or the others anymore." I replied. I saw the teacher look at us before ignoring and continuing his lecture. Eren nodded before letting his eyes drift down to his laptop screen, staring intently at the blinking cursor. I squinted my eyes. "How are you and Levi?"

"Great?" He asked, he then shook his head. "The others want to meet up and catch up. Go to a restaurant or something. Wanna join?"

"I don't know," I replied. "I don't want to leave Annie alone." He nodded. "I'll have to ask her later,"

Eren slumped back into his seat and took a deep breath. "We don't hang out much anymore." He stated. "I mean- I just- I know you're busy and stuff but you're my sister and we used to spend every day together and now we don't even hang out." He rushed out.

I sucked in a breath through my teeth. "I know. I'm sorry."

He looked at me and down at his laptop screen before shrugging his shoulders. "Forget about it. It's not important."