"Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam"?

A Hindu symbol that represents good health and well- being [swa-stha] is to be shunned and banned, just because it has been twisted into a hooked cross and used by evil regimes. 

Well, if 'all the world is family' -"Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam"- perhaps it is worth noting that in some cases families are run by god fathers - which seems the case where the 'world family' is being purveyed.

No reaction of outrage or indeed assertion of values is needed - after all 'ahimsa paramo dharma.'  Seems so.

-

Some phrases have become so ingrained in the general Hindu psyche that it is refreshing to see viewpoints such as the article from which the quotes are taken, on how damaging  such tendencies can and have been for society and individuals:

''Ahimsa paramo dharma does not come from the Bhagvadgita. It is a phrase used repeatedly in the Mahabharata, but the Gita does not have it. People regularly make this mistake. It is universal now, but don't burden the Gita with lack of guts. Also, don't try to make a spiritual prescription for something that was merely a social norm.

Making ahimsa non-negotiable was one of the biggest blunders ever made in Hindu society. An injunction not to be cruel or awaken your inner sadist became a cowardice and weakling producing factory.''

-

"Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam" was articulated to deceive and slaughter. It was included in the Hitopadesha as a warning against being credulous and a simpleton. It was fraudulent from inception. It was articulated by Kshudraabuddhi the jackal so that he could betray and feast upon Chitranga the deer. The entire fatuity was warbled AFTER a clever crow warned the deer from being deceived...

This one phrase has become a perpetual nuisance. There is always some seminar going on and some idiot intellectual is quoting it with smug self-satisfaction while the ignorant applaud. Which is why I call it Vasudhaiva 'Stupiditum' — the world is full of stupids.''

source:

https://www.sirfnews.com/gita-never-prescribed-ahimsa-paramo-dharma/